Cherrypicker Racing Website | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cherrypicker Racing Website

My system is a retired RAIDed web server hooked to multi-gigabit Internet lines, protected by a 30KW UPS and cooled by dual water-dump air conditioners. I think I'm OK for the web site setup... lol

welcome to the 20th century.

While the rest of us dwell in the twenty first century.

So just out of curiousity, what kind of server and server setup are you using? Multi-terabit connections worldwide to a multi-system distributed data silo and CDN content distribution? Because that's cool... but kind of overkill for a hobby web site.

I think he just meant that the current century is the 21st. LOL

I think he just meant that the current century is the 21st. LOL

I think so too, but I want to understand what he thinks that means... since there's really not much technology available today outside smartphone tech that wasn't being used in 1999. There were even CDNs and distributed file systems then (the multi-terabit is a bit of a reach).

Unless you have it and it costs you nothing. :)

its been a while since I've played with amazon ec2. Wouldn't scaling out of the micro instance/free tier mean you would have to start paying money? Not that this scenario would ever occur, since the site gets so little traffic and doesn't seem to store much anyways.

Is this what constitutes a pissing contest in nerd culture?

Yep! It costs me to take it to the e-waste dump. But an older dual Xeon will run a CP/TF website just fine.

Ya but what do I do when my computer thingy won't open that webby page thing when I keep hitting the button? Do I shake my screen like I do my etch-a-sketch to reboot my screen?

Ya but what do I do when my computer thingy won't open that webby page thing when I keep hitting the button? Do I shake my screen like I do my etch-a-sketch to reboot my screen?

Absolutely. Also, the dishwasher is great for cleaning keyboard and mouse. Good advice is always free at GTAM!

Absolutely. Also, the dishwasher is great for cleaning keyboard and mouse. Good advice is always free at GTAM!

I agree. This is perfectly fine if you have a water line filter so there are no minerals or impurities in the water. Don't use soap and don't run the drying (melting) cycle. :p

Back
Top Bottom