Desjardins to buy State Farm | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Desjardins to buy State Farm

I just called Desjardins today and they said they won't insure an RC51 cause its an SS. What gives??

Try Allstate, they will insure you as long as you are 30 or over, M licence & been insured for 3 years

I just called Desjardins today and they said they won't insure an RC51 cause its an SS. What gives??

My wife's State Farm agent let her know they probably won't insure her 1996 ninja 250r after September cause it's a ss. When I asked how an 18 year old 250 can be classed as a ss, I was told "because it has an "r" in the name lol. Her policy is up for renewal in June, I told her to call Allstate.
She's upgrading this year too, thinking bandit 600 or fz6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got off the phone with Allstate and they won't insure a sportbike (RC51) unless I have home insurance with them as well.

Well F*ck. I don't have a bloody home to insure.

Ideas anyone? I have 3 tickets on my record, but 1 is due to come off at the end of June. I believe State Farm will insure me once I'm down to 2 tickets but I'm itching so hard with the weather getting this nice. I want insurance now!

Just got off the phone with Allstate and they won't insure a sportbike (RC51) unless I have home insurance with them as well.

Well F*ck. I don't have a bloody home to insure.

Ideas anyone? I have 3 tickets on my record, but 1 is due to come off at the end of June. I believe State Farm will insure me once I'm down to 2 tickets but I'm itching so hard with the weather getting this nice. I want insurance now!

Call a different agent they are not supposed to be doing tied selling

So are there any updates on whether this will affect our bikes rates? Spefically to SS owners?

So are there any updates on whether this will affect our bikes rates? Spefically to SS owners?
From what I understand from talking to SF, they have not heard anything as of yet. However, they do speculate that because they do have some of the best rates for SS riders that they will continue to insure them. Only us cruiser guys get burned with SF. If they do get rid of SS coverage, then I hope to see a rate decrease, along with winning an argument with my wife, and the Leafs wiining the cup.

Last edited:
Desjardins are a joke. Just quoted $2900 insurance on the Diavel. I have my car and house Insurance with them. Other quotes I am getting are in the $1400-$1500 range.

Back
Top Bottom