Best dual sport or something along those lines? | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best dual sport or something along those lines?

[Q UOTE=nokturnal;2141480]See thread topic....[/QUOTE]
I'm well aware of the thread topic. Op wants a sm for commuting, light trail riding. I guess I fail to see how wr450f fits in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Q UOTE=nokturnal;2141480]See thread topic....
I'm well aware of the thread topic. Op wants a sm for commuting, light trail riding. I guess I fail to see how wr450f fits in there.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Well a WR250R is great but WR450F is even better. Its capable of what he is asking for, he just needs to throw indicators and mirrors on it.
30lbs lighter than the WR250R, a lot more power, actually has bottom end torque, revs at lower rpm than the wr250r at same speed. Maintenance not far off from the DRZ400SM.

Well a WR250R is great but WR450F is even better. Its capable of what he is asking for, he just needs to throw indicators and mirrors on it.
30lbs lighter than the WR250R, a lot more power, actually has bottom end torque, revs at lower rpm than the wr250r at same speed. Maintenance not far off from the DRZ400SM.[/QUOTE]

Oh, my bad. I thought we were talking street legal here. Yeah wr450f, signals/lights, horn, speedo, tires, mirrors, and after all that, you have a Dirtbike that the mto won't let you register lol.
He's looking to commute etc, not run trail to trail. Although it would be more fun than a Drz, it's not a good road bike. My .02

30lbs lighter than the WR250R, a lot more power, actually has bottom end torque, revs at lower rpm than the wr250r at same speed. Maintenance not far off from the DRZ400SM.

1 - that's not even legal
2 - "better" how?

You think riding a 450 around with your little kids on 50's and 80's is better? Have you been on one?? lol

There is a road going and blue plated WR450F converted to a supermoto on kijiji right now.

I lust for that bike as a commuter!

Seems that it is perfectly street legal. Unless the engine is too highstrung for sustained road miles, I too fail to see why it wouldnt be a good alternative.

If this were a few months in the future, Id probably sell my WR250X for one solely for commuting. What am I missing?

There is a road going and blue plated WR450F converted to a supermoto on kijiji right now.

I lust for that bike as a commuter!

Seems that it is perfectly street legal. Unless the engine is too highstrung for sustained road miles, I too fail to see why it wouldnt be a good alternative.

If this were a few months in the future, Id probably sell my WR250X for one solely for commuting. What am I missing?

You can't convert one yourself now though, ie "throw signals and mirrors on it" and get it blue plated... and riding with your little kids on one... the smaller the better

1 - that's not even legal
2 - "better" how?

You think riding a 450 around with your little kids on 50's and 80's is better? Have you been on one?? lol

He can get sidecar.. like the dog thing. From what I've read since they have 17 digit VIN, they can technically be registered as street bikes at the MOT even though most other off road bikes only have 16 digit VIN. Yes, the kids would make a great ballast for all that power. Haha no, but still.

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...ss-Yamaha-WR450F-SUPERMOTO-W0QQAdIdZ574945422

Back
Top Bottom