Best dual sport or something along those lines? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best dual sport or something along those lines?

ajaxguy

What is a good used bike that is manageable for commuting about 30 mins but also hittin the forest on the weekends? i was thinking maybe Ktm exc with supermoto tires and dirt tires, but maybe too much for trail riding?
What would you guys suggest?

Try drz400s or e (if it has a street title). Easy to maintain and cheap to fix.

Edit:
If you are looking for more power, check out something like the ktm smc line. Also the honda xr650r (baja rally champions)

I believe the exc is a lot more maintenance.

Last edited:
ya I have read the Ktm's in those models are higher maintenance also blow alot of cranks. That xr650 might be good though

Try drz400s or e (if it has a street title). Easy to maintain and cheap to fix.

Edit:
If you are looking for more power, check out something like the ktm smc line. Also the honda xr650r (baja rally champions)

I believe the exc is a lot more maintenance.

klr650 - good commuter or farther - bit heavy on the trails - depends on the type of off road
they are cheap and bullet proof

What is a good used bike that is manageable for commuting about 30 mins but also hittin the forest on the weekends? i was thinking maybe Ktm exc with supermoto tires and dirt tires, but maybe too much for trail riding?
What would you guys suggest?

You might not like the maintenance cost on a ktm.

Wr250r almost the same power as a drz and 6 speed tranny for the road.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Husky TE 450!!!!!!!!

I had a DRZ400s and I found it to be a mediocre street bike and trail bike. Not having a 6th really hurts the bike. If you gear it down for the woods, it really limits the top end on the road.

its also very top heavy and the seat is one of the worst on any bike ever.

V-Strom, any year. Either 650 0r 1000cc

They need a little work (tires) to be any good in the dirt, but great for commuting.

I like the Vstrom for the daily ridability... throw some bags on there and you can literally take it anywhere..

KTM 690R. Way better suspension and engine than any DS out there, long life engine so it needs normal "street bike" type maintenance.

And if that's not enough, it's a 66 hp engine. Nuff Said.

klr650 - good commuter or farther - bit heavy on the trails - depends on the type of off road
they are cheap and bullet proof

+1. Cheap to run, easy to fix. A buddy has over 100,000k on his, spun a crank bearing, and the bloody thing kept running. New bearings and its still running. He rode it to south america multiple times. They are bulletproof.

+2 on the KLR 650, i got an 2011 and ride it more then my electra glide, awesome bike on pavement or dirt rd riding. single trail they are a little top heavy.

they are good at everything but the best at nothing

The only thing about the Klr 650 is that it is ugly to me( no offence) , but i want something that still looks kinda cool

Back
Top Bottom