The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 96 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

We sold a 2011 SUZUKI SV650SF ABS* 3 years ago for $5100 and felt fortunate to get it ....fresh tires and nice farkles.

We bought a brand new 2013 FZ8 for $6999

How does $4k for a 2005 in 2018 even come into the discussion as "reasonable price" ??

Just sold my 2005 SV650N 50k stock except exhaust. $3200 cert.
That's why I say I don't think the Op is wrong asking 3800 for an 05 naked with 22k on it. And he'll safety it.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Your bike is in very nice condition and has about the perfect mileage for a prospective buyer. The true "n" model is rare to see and given the market pricing in the gta as well as "spring pricing" factor, I'd say your asking price is fair, be ready to negotiate though.
Last fall I picked up a 2012 gladius with 9000km on it for 4000 and that was a good deal.
Lastly, some people think the only bikes that belong in this thread are unicorns for free, don't let them discourage you lol.
Edit: These guys only make your ad more tempting lol.

Please view this ad:

Need's new owner.,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...aign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Price: $*4,250

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg

Please view this ad:

2002 SV650S Custom Streerfighter,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...aign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Price: $*4,200

Send this guy a link to your Kijiji ad. It's right up his alley and I'll bet he snaps it up.

Please view this ad:

Looking for : 03-08 Suzuki SV650,

Some nice finds, and some expensive SV's, just messaged that Guy looking the SV, Thanks! :D

The listed price is usually not what it sells for, hoping people here understand that, so I leave room for negotiations. As long as my Ad doesn't end up in the overpriced thread I'm happy :lmao:

Just sold my 2005 SV650N 50k stock except exhaust. $3200 cert.

That seems like a good price, when I was looking for the N models, it took 4-6 months to find anything under 25k kms and I still had to drive upto Kingston for it, and it lived in Ottawa before that! Some people in the GTA wanted $5k+ 2years back just because it said "N", crazy...

We sold a 2011 SUZUKI SV650SF ABS* 3 years ago for $5100 and felt fortunate to get it ....fresh tires and nice farkles.

We bought a brand new 2013 FZ8 for $6999

How does $4k for a 2005 in 2018 even come into the discussion as "reasonable price" ??

I get the comparison, and I'm looking at getting a CB500X now new which is $7.3 OTD, I'm just listing it according to the used market and leaving room for negotiations, if I don't get interest, I'll lower it, though not below what I believe is fair to both parties.

That's why I say I don't think the Op is wrong asking 3800 for an 05 naked with 22k on it. And he'll safety it.

Yup, safety costs time and money, I have a truck too and the bike is plated/insured, so if the person is in town and a new rider I may drop it off for ease too if they ask nicely :)

Guess that points to a hole in the new bike market that the Honda 500s should fill and are still too expensive.

I'm looking at used CB500X's too, and debating for an extra $1.5-2k just going new, or using the savings to travel and explore, get upgrades etc... I love the SV650n too bits, I just want to do a cross-canada trip with back country roads and the SVs seating position/off road setup isn't cutting it for me :(

That's a very nice bike at a fair price. Your ad is also well presented and has nice pictures. Well worth $3k, so it makes sense to start where you are offering it at. The mileage is low, you say it has been well maintained, and the bikes are very reliable to begin with.

I've easily sold lesser bikes for $3k, so your price is also fitting for the time of year with spring around the corner and riders maybe wanting to move up from the smaller first bikes. Unless it has changed, I recall the safety certificate lasting 36 days. Good luck with your sale!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruisers-choppers/trenton-on/great-little-bike/1330688992

"1990 Zephyr 550cc $1200 Awesome little bike, hasn't ran in awhile. Shouldn't take much to get it going probably a carb clean. Email for more info"

Worth about $800 but anyone trying to make a café just buy this one.

$_59.JPG

I'm looking at used CB500X's too, and debating for an extra $1.5-2k just going new, or using the savings to travel and explore, get upgrades etc... I love the SV650n too bits, I just want to do a cross-canada trip with back country roads and the SVs seating position/off road setup isn't cutting it for me :(
The CB500X is a great bike for exactly what you want to do with it. It is not a real adventure bike, it is "adventure style" only. If you have plans in the future of riding rougher roads, the 17" rim will limit what you can do. I have this bike with TKC80 tires and it'll go many places people do not expect.

Good luck with the sale.

That's a very nice bike at a fair price. Your ad is also well presented and has nice pictures. Well worth $3k, so it makes sense to start where you are offering it at. The mileage is low, you say it has been well maintained, and the bikes are very reliable to begin with.

I've easily sold lesser bikes for $3k, so your price is also fitting for the time of year with spring around the corner and riders maybe wanting to move up from the smaller first bikes. Unless it has changed, I recall the safety certificate lasting 36 days. Good luck with your sale!

Thanks, I always get asked what year the bike is and people are shocked it's an 05', it looks like it came out of the showroom (For non bike savy folk haha) ah, 36 days is the answer I needed for the Safety Certificate!

The CB500X is a great bike for exactly what you want to do with it. It is not a real adventure bike, it is "adventure style" only. If you have plans in the future of riding rougher roads, the 17" rim will limit what you can do. I have this bike with TKC80 tires and it'll go many places people do not expect.

Good luck with the sale.

I was planning on getting the TKC80 tires and some Rally Raid upgrades, and just exploring with the bike for 2-3 years then upgrading to a GS800 or AfricaTwin for rougher, longer journeys, gotta start somewhere for now and "adventure style" seems like a good starting point ;)

'm looking at used CB500X's too, and debating for an extra $1.5-2k just going new, or using the savings to travel and explore, get upgrades etc... I love the SV650n too bits, I just want to do a cross-canada trip with back country roads and the SVs seating position/off road setup isn't cutting it for me

Keep Vstrom 650s on the radar as well. Incredible range on the tank and so many farkles tho that applies to the CB500x.
Here is a shoot out that surprised me.

https://rideapart.com/articles/suzuki-v-strom-650-adventure-vs-honda-cb500x-comparison-test

The CB500x was the best demo ride I've ever had ....so much fun and easy to ride tho needs some suspension tweaks. The other guy demoing it said " I want to point it to the horizon and keep going".

The downside with the Strom is it's a bit top heavy and if you have a shorter inseam like me you need some adjustments.
I had a lot of fun on the two 2010s I owned ( long story ) and sometimes miss it until I twist the tail on the CBF1000 :D

Keep Vstrom 650s on the radar as well. Incredible range on the tank and so many farkles tho that applies to the CB500x.
Here is a shoot out that surprised me.

https://rideapart.com/articles/suzuki-v-strom-650-adventure-vs-honda-cb500x-comparison-test

The CB500x was the best demo ride I've ever had ....so much fun and easy to ride tho needs some suspension tweaks. The other guy demoing it said " I want to point it to the horizon and keep going".

The downside with the Strom is it's a bit top heavy and if you have a shorter inseam like me you need some adjustments.
I had a lot of fun on the two 2010s I owned ( long story ) and sometimes miss it until I twist the tail on the CBF1000 :D

Nice review, fair comparison and perspectives. I tried a V-Strom and found it big and a little top heavy, beauty is also subjective but I found the previous storm models (not the 2017+ ones, those are nice) looked like a bug :confused:

I still want to get used too off road riding and feel the light weight 500X will make that easier, plus 60-70% of the time i'll be using it to commute, that's a big chunk. that CRF sounds great! 500X isn't my dream bike, maybe the GS800 or AfricaTwin someday ;)

What do you guys think of 04 CBR600RR with 34k. Is $4k too much?

considering you might pay that much just for insurance in 1 year...perhaps recosider?

CHIFOR doesn't make sense. Why bother that he's considering parting a near MINT bike? Would he seriously sell just the frame for $1500 and hope for the best with the rest? What the angle?

From what I've seen, anything from CHIFOR belongs in the overpriced thread.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom