The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 91 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Hey everyone,

I've spotted a seller on kijiji which I've been considering. If anyone has information whether i should stay away from this bike, please let me know. Seller said it has a rebuilt motor and the ad describes what he thinks is left to finish the bike. I have no problem working on a bike but not looking to rebuild the entire thing. Thanks for any input.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-tourin...ationFlag=true
If you don't need ABS & don't mind having a Older Model, there were 2 2004s posted on the last page, but the Yellow one I posted is gone now so there's only 1 left. Both had less Km even though they were 6 Years Older & could be bought for less. as for effort & cost for the work they'd need?
2010 ABS w/ 76k Km for $3500, Needs Bar Ends, Brake Lever, Mirror & Valve Seals on Front of Head
2004 w/ 45k Km for $1500, Needs New Light Switch (Lights Hardwired to stay on), Needs a New Seat or Rewrap it, Needs Brake Pads.

He'll be lucky to sell that FJ for $1,500. It's old as hell. And needs fork seals.

People who tour, usually prefer newer machines for reliability reasons. Other than people who tour - there's zero market for this bike.

my thoughts too after reading the ad
no one wants an ancient ST for actually touring

only appeal would be as nostalgia for an FJ fan
but a bike with less KM (80K) and not molested is what they'd be after

Hey everyone,

I've spotted a seller on kijiji which I've been considering. If anyone has information whether i should stay away from this bike, please let me know. Seller said it has a rebuilt motor and the ad describes what he thinks is left to finish the bike. I have no problem working on a bike but not looking to rebuild the entire thing. Thanks for any input.
Agree for 1000 it might be a deal i sold my 08 with 6k on it for 3500 in 14.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hey everyone,

Once the weather gets a little warmer ill be starting to work on it

but....

Im not a bike mechanic, dont ask what it needs for safety.....

and...

Not looking for other bikes as i have no license

as others have indicated, not a chance, stay away

Once the weather gets a little warmer ill be starting to work on it

but....

Im not a bike mechanic, dont ask what it needs for safety.....

and...

Not looking for other bikes as i have no license

as others have indicated, not a chance, stay away

lmao

He'll be lucky to sell that FJ for $1,500. It's old as hell. And needs fork seals.

People who tour, usually prefer newer machines for reliability reasons. Other than people who tour - there's zero market for this bike.
These are great bikes, but they're not worth much and nobody's buying a 25 year old bike for sport touring. It's a nostalgia bike that has yet to develop collectable value. Top dollar for might be $1500, probably less as the farkles and upgrades reduce the bikes value to a collector.

I'm a Yammy fan, unfortunately big displacement Japanese bikes are just not that collectible. I have a couple of running beauties -- they are worth less than a old Triumph in a basket. The most collectable Japanese ST is the Yamaha '82 XV920R -- an unmolested version of that bike in good running condition might fetch $2000 on a very good day.

These are great bikes, but they're not worth much and nobody's buying a 25 year old bike for sport touring. It's a nostalgia bike that has yet to develop collectable value. Top dollar for might be $1500, probably less as the farkles and upgrades reduce the bikes value to a collector.

I'm a Yammy fan, unfortunately big displacement Japanese bikes are just not that collectible. I have a couple of running beauties -- they are worth less than a old Triumph in a basket. The most collectable Japanese ST is the Yamaha '82 XV920R -- an unmolested version of that bike in good running condition might fetch $2000 on a very good day.

I don't know if the fj will ever be a "collectable". Ive ridden one when new and my impression was.. its a heavy pig...but an awesome motor. Check for signs of a leaking head gasket-it was known to sometimes get hot enough to warp the head. It was jetted quite lean from the factory which contributed to this. This one, with the pipe, was likely jetted safer?

Last edited:
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...00/1327762362?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

"2009 GS500E Awesome starter bike, cheap and the perfect amount of power. Needs a little Work hasn’t been driven in a while. Small dent left side of the tank. A little love and this bike will perform amazing for you. Don’t miss this chance to get a really well priced bike to get you started. So many amazing option to trick this bike out. $600 OBO"

Was thinking of buying as a possible project but a little far and still to many already on the go.

$_59.JPG

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/g64AAOSw3wVaYj7B/$_59.JPG

Ya I'm definitely looking for the abs models. I spotted another 2007 for $3700. Can these be found for $3000 or should i expect to pay $4000+ for an abs sv650?

Ya I'm definitely looking for the abs models. I spotted another 2007 for $3700. Can these be found for $3000 or should i expect to pay $4000+ for an abs sv650?

Scan the ads for awhile to get a feel for prices. Looking at what your willing to spend, bring a mech/tech with you to check out any potential buy /BEFORE you make an offer.. They are tons of overpriced bikes, and even more piles of overpriced junk bikes on kijiji. It is kijiji after all. Skip the junk.
You should be able to get a better than decent bike for those dollars. I wouldn't limit myself to just looking at sv's.

Condition is everything; and trumps year and/or kms.

Last edited:
You should be easily able to find a low mileage abs model certified for 3500

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...00/1327762362?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

"2009 GS500E Awesome starter bike, cheap and the perfect amount of power. Needs a little Work hasn’t been driven in a while. Small dent left side of the tank. A little love and this bike will perform amazing for you. Don’t miss this chance to get a really well priced bike to get you started. So many amazing option to trick this bike out. $600 OBO"

Was thinking of buying as a possible project but a little far and still to many already on the go.

$_59.JPG

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/g64AAOSw3wVaYj7B/$_59.JPG

I wonder if its a good runner, or running at all lol. Could be a cheap interesting project for someone who turns wrenches. Looks to have a new rear rotor...is it turning blue?

Last edited:
I'll definitely take a look at the fz6. Im looking at the sv, ninja 300, cbr500 and r3. Just looking for the best deal out of those

don't want to be a drag, but have you priced insurance for those bikes? I like them all.
EDIT But I like the fz6 for $3500 the most.
you could always offer $3000 if it checks out, it does need a new rear tire at the least.

Last edited:
I'll definitely take a look at the fz6. Im looking at the sv, ninja 300, cbr500 and r3. Just looking for the best deal out of those

I am biased, being a prior owner, and a bit of a Yamaha guy
but from that list, the FZ6 is far and away the best overall motorcycle

don't want to be a drag, but have you priced insurance for those bikes? I like them all.
EDIT But I like the fz6 for $3500 the most.
you could always offer $3000 if it checks out, it does need a new rear tire at the least.

Ya that's pretty much the first thing i did once i found the bikes i liked. The ninja was 1500 for the year full coverage, Sv650 is 2000. im 21 just got my m2 in the fall. Im part of the OSPE so the discount with Personal insurance is pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom