The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 51 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

I need a great deal to pop up and have someone trade me for my 09 zx6r. I need a non SS in my life. Ugh... this insurance just gets higher each year.

Wow I was exactly looking to do this type of trade just a few weeks ago. I have a 2005 sv650s and I wanted a zx6r. I got a new bike already so I'm looking to sell my sv650s. PM me if u are interested.

Ummmmmm, see my sig. I'm not a stranger to high maintenance bikes (hi KTM :))

My comment was more along the lines of, it's never just the carbs. If it was, the seller would fix them for $1-200 and sell a running bike.

not always true - but yes be wary. you need to look long and hard. i bought an 87 rg250 years ago. during the test ride i could tell it was not running right and found that it ran better with the choke on and surmised it was the carbs. it had 15,000 kms on it. i bought it for $1500 because it ran poorly. cleaned the carbs and it ran great. that year I did 7 race weekends with it..13 qualifiers, 13 finals, and never had a problem. and thankfully never crashed. I sold it the following spring for $2000......

edit 40.5 rwhp on the dyno - 286lbs dry

Last edited:
RE: 87 cbr250

why would you pay 2200 for a non runner? or even 1700? if you can't hear it run how do you know the engine isn't full of shrapnel? because the seller says it ran? thats a joke. non runner, then consider it as a non runner for parts $600-700.

Last edited:
Really, wow. Good to know. I would take a 250 for $1000 over the crazy prices people want for 300's

It's an EX250F, though. It was dated 20 years ago. I mean, it's absolutely a functional bike, and if you just want something to learn on and then quickly replace... or if the RoboCop styling has completely come around again? Actually, I'm thinking about this bike from a mindset of a decade ago. Maybe it actually did improve with age.

I guess it also helps to remember that the "new" EX250J has more in common with that bike than it does with the bike that immediately preceded it here (EX250H/ZZR250)

I did this and would do it again.

Do you have any bikes in mind?

I'm open to most standard or naked bikes. Insurance would drop 800 just from going from the zx6r to a new generation z1000.

Key aspects probably are: Has to be fuel injected, decent power, and above all else, a great buy. I think i'm looking for a unicorn.

Really, wow. Good to know. I would take a 250 for $1000 over the crazy prices people want for 300's

So would I if I was in the market for one. Those old gen 250s are plentiful, easy to work on and their only downside is how cold blooded they are. There's zero demand for them because of their outdated looks, therefore you can pick one up in great shape for very little money.
Ditto for EX500, a great bike with more than enough (manageable) power for anyone and very low seat height for those newbies who just have to flat foot on both sides.

I'm open to most standard or naked bikes. Insurance would drop 800 just from going from the zx6r to a new generation z1000.

Key aspects probably are: Has to be fuel injected, decent power, and above all else, a great buy. I think i'm looking for a unicorn.
Sounds like most higher CC nakeds to me. Far from a unicorn.

I'm quite happy to flatfoot on either side thankyou :D. Cambers give me enough one foot exercise. Lucky I provide lots of "sag" for the KLR ;)

I saw loads of CB919s for sale last year for cheap

Back
Top Bottom