The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 44 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

How much would this honda nighthawk 450 be worth?

1985 34000 kms.
380fa81da06ea84b9b6d93032a48912a.jpg
149bc03761cc0d29c682657781019037.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

When did it become okay to post adverts for our own bikes in this thread. Isn't that what the classified section is for?

The self-assessment for what's a reasonable price is a bit biased when posting your own bike.

When did it become okay to post adverts for our own bikes in this thread. Isn't that what the classified section is for?

The self-assessment for what's a reasonable price is a bit biased when posting your own bike.
Not my bike... Getting it in a trade and trying to figure out value

Not my bike... Getting it in a trade and trying to figure out value

I was referring to Runner2k (forgot to quote), and a few earlier in the thread. I could see you weren't posting your own bike, nor were you basically saying "Here's my bike for sale. I think my asking price is reasonable so I think it belongs in this thread"

It's already on Classified page.

Sorry, I didn't know I wasn't supposed to post my own bike.

Peace

This "low mileage myth " that pervades the GTA is crap. I could really care less what you would pay. The thread is about good value and both are.

Shhh, don't tell anyone that high milage vehicles are often the best steals out there.

It's not the 80's anymore, vehicles (and yes, Bikes too) last into high milage now. Yes, it affects values, but for the savvy buyer, that's a good thing. I bought my wife's Chrysler 300 with 200,000K already on the clock, but it was a cherry. A few people mentioned the "wow, it's high milage...you sure you want to buy that?" scare tactic, but it didn't bother me one bit knowing that the drivetrain/engine combo was proven solid. I paid many thousands of dollars less because of it..and it's now about to hit 300,000K with no issues. I expect it to be into the 400's much the same.

How much would this honda nighthawk 450 be worth?

1985 34000 kms.
380fa81da06ea84b9b6d93032a48912a.jpg
149bc03761cc0d29c682657781019037.jpg

I'd say $1500-1800 depending on condition etc.
Probably a little more if you take the seat back to stock black. Lol

A Chrysler with 200,000K and no issues? Everything works?

No problems at all. Did the timing belt change myself at about 170,000K (I suspect that's why the PO traded it in) and otherwise nothing mentionable except for maintenance items. The 300's are good cars.

My first Chrysler after being a GM guy all my life, but GM's lost a lot of respect in my mind with everything going on in Oshawa, so I decided to try something new...and always liked the 300's.

No problems at all. Did the timing belt change myself at about 170,000K (I suspect that's why the PO traded it in) and otherwise nothing mentionable except for maintenance items. The 300's are good cars.

My first Chrysler after being a GM guy all my life, but GM's lost a lot of respect in my mind with everything going on in Oshawa, so I decided to try something new...and always liked the 300's.
What engine is this ? year? This sounds almost shocking, but the 300 is a pretty solid car when i had one for a rental. Floats around but definitely a solid car.

Beware of a Panigale 899 selling in London Ontario. Buyer has a lien on the bike and will not remove the lien until you have paid him first. I walked away.
Price was too good to be true, now I know why. He actually tried to slide it under me not showing me the UVP, only the last page he threw in my face to sign, when I asked to see it all he got flustered, I found out and he started to act on the defensive. People have no shame or dignity.

I feel bad for the poor person he robs.

Beware of a Panigale 899 selling in London Ontario. Buyer has a lien on the bike and will not remove the lien until you have paid him first. I walked away.
Price was too good to be true, now I know why. He actually tried to slide it under me not showing me the UVP, only the last page he threw in my face to sign, when I asked to see it all he got flustered, I found out and he started to act on the defensive. People have no shame or dignity.

I feel bad for the poor person he robs.

I don't really feel bad. If someone is dumb enough to buy a vehicle without doing their due diligence they could get burned.

It's not uncommon to privately sell a vehicle with a lien against it. I sold my RV with a lien still registered against it, but I also had no problem with the new owner accompanying me to the bank to witness me paying off the loan (and therefore discharging the lien) in his presence.

The whole reason a person has a lien on a vehicle is because they have a loan on it, meaning they couldn't afford to buy it outright. The same goes for selling it - until they have the value back out of it they might not be able to magically pull thousands (or perhaps tens of thousands) of dollar out of their butts.

The new owner of this bike needs to tread carefully, but to kneejerk assume every seller in the same situation is trying to defraud anyone is a stretch. Yes, sounds like this seller is erring on the side of trying to hide the situation, but that's not everyone.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom