The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

100% scam. I sent the link to my buddy who emailed him and he got the following response... (spoiler: he calls it a bicycle at one point :lmao:)

-------- Original message --------
Date:2014/01/15 3:50 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: [DELETED]
Subject: Re: Another lead from autoTRADER.ca‏

Hello,
I got ur reply to my Honda CBR600RR ad listed on the AutoTrader and i confirm that the bike is still for sale for $3000.
The bike is a 2007 year model with only 29000 km,600 cc displacement.
This bike looks and runs like new!It's in mint condition.The bicycle is very comfortable to drive..

I'm getting rid of my bike cuz i no longer use it since i went abroad for archaeological research where i'll be living for 2 long years and i left the bike to my brother who was keeping it since a few months but he called me a few days ago saying that he's moving to New york and he can't any longer keep my bike.
I don't have anyone else around who will be keeping it for me for all those long years so i decided to sell it quickly at a low price to get rid of it.
I intrusted the bike to a private truck driver in Ontario who's taking care of the sale and of the delivery as well.

Im very happy that u find interest in my bike and i assure u that the bike is in very great shape,nothing wrong with it at all,u'll have great fun with it.

So i've talked to the truck driver that i found someone who's buying it and he's requesting ur details and house address so that he will transport the bike and all its paperworks(MTO ownership,Uvip,Bill of sale) to ur door with no cost at u and once the bike is at ur home you will test drive it,check the papers with the ministry of transportation and if u find everything ok then u will take the bike and settle the payment of the $3000 cash on the spot to become the new owner of my wonderful bike.

So get back to me with ur following details and address and i'll forward them to the delivery guy and he will get in touch with u to set up a time for the delivery and the bike will be brought to u asap:

Full name:............../City:................./Post code:................./House address:................./Phone #:..................

I'll be waiting to hear from u asap.

Regards.

Try 10-12K .

Around $10K, or more, IF you can find one in the first place.
At $5,000 it's simply too good to be true. Also, it says "2008" and I think all of them are 2007 only? This could be an honest mistake, or it could be a red flag.

Did anyone send an email to the seller?

Well I passed on one on July and the ask was $8900, so definitely not $12k.

You should have jumped on it .

I`m looking for a second bike .They are pretty hard to come by in low mileage .Only made 1.5 years and 7K made as I understand.

You should have jumped on it .

I`m looking for a second bike .They are pretty hard to come by in low mileage .Only made 1.5 years and 7K made as I understand.
It was nice, but in the end I wanted something faster and with easier bag mounting options.

I had an R11s which was a great bike but just needed another 100hp and it would have been perfect.

While the 12s is a bit rare, it's also a bit of an odd duck, hence the reason I think they weren't that successful.

The new owner who thinks that he's gonna make money on this bike is gonna be in for a surprise. To pay the tax and change the ownership on that bike it will be a cool 500, plus go pick it up and take the risk of something that might be wrong and you might not find. ....

Here's a surprise for you instead - he will not pay the tax and change the ownership. As for the risk - sure it's there. Part of the game. With basic mechanical knowledge and market awareness there's money to be made.

While the 12s is a bit rare, it's also a bit of an odd duck, hence the reason I think they weren't that successful.

The press slammed the R1200S because of its eccentric throttle, which prevented a massive torque surge for wheelies and other stupid behaviour. This is why the bike is sport-tourer and lower insurance.

The press slammed the R1200S because of its eccentric throttle, which prevented a massive torque surge for wheelies and other stupid behaviour. This is why the bike is sport-tourer and lower insurance.

I'm pretty sure the insurance companies don't actually road test the bike or consider the Press's opinion about wheelie ability as a valuable actuarial source. The bike is a sport tourer because it is one, even if it's a poor one by BMW standards (ie it's more sporty, didn't originally have a saddle bag option, etc).

My K13s is sport tourer as well and generally can be a hooligan bike if one so desires and it has 50 more hp than the R12s....

The new owner who thinks that he's gonna make money on this bike is gonna be in for a surprise. To pay the tax and change the ownership on that bike it will be a cool 500, plus go pick it up and take the risk of something that might be wrong and you might not find.

He will soon realize that no one will buy it off him for 4500 for his 500 dollar profit, and if he does it will be the hardest 500 he's ever earned, with 10 people setting up a time to show up and will leave him hanging etc lol
another 50 low ball offers, tire kickers and kids wanting to trade it in for a ps3 :lmao:

3-3500 is all that bike is worth. I almost ended up picking one up for 3k, 05 750 around 30k as well and wouldn't pay a penny more.

Transfer can be done direct from old owner to the person who buys it from the seller. Have done it a few times when I flipped a bike, perfectly legal.

It's called curb siding and it is absolutely illegal.

I guess I was misinformed then when I asked about it at the MTO :( Oh well, won't do that next time now that I know.

I'm pretty sure the insurance companies don't actually road test the bike or consider the Press's opinion about wheelie ability as a valuable actuarial source. The bike is a sport tourer because it is one, even if it's a poor one by BMW standards (ie it's more sporty, didn't originally have a saddle bag option, etc).

r1200s.jpg

@122hp, I don't get any "tourer" from this.

Transfer can be done direct from old owner to the person who buys it from the seller. Have done it a few times when I flipped a bike, perfectly legal.

You are referring to signing the ownership and handing it to the buyer, that is not a legal transfer. The MTO can only legally transfer once they have checked the status "as is" or platable with safety, and of course, HST.

How much HP do you think a touring bike should have to be classified as a touring bike?

Here's a few examples of sport touring bikes that have considerably more power:

K1300s 175 hp
FJR 140's
Concours140's

Go far back enough in time that bike could have won a GP so I think it's more like a vintage GP bike. The ones you listed? Moon rockets!

Back
Top Bottom