The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 142 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Nah, if the guy is in a dead market and can't move it, then not being worth the travel does become a factor. So if somebody feels like asking a seller to make it worth the time and fuel, what is wrong with that? Want to sell it today or not?

Seller doesn't care how far away you are coming from and what your cost is. They care about getting a certain price. Whatever sob story you manufacture to lower this said price is irrelevant if you are hitting below seller's rock bottom. At times you even risk offending the seller and losing the deal. Money talks, save the stories for your grandchildren. :)

Seller doesn't care how far away you are coming from and what your cost is. They care about getting a certain price. Whatever sob story you manufacture to lower this said price is irrelevant if you are hitting below seller's rock bottom. At times you even risk offending the seller and losing the deal. Money talks, save the stories for your grandchildren. :)

agree completely
have turned away buyers that have been dycks

did it on a home sale once
offer came in that was decent
but aggressive terms
offer was stale dated in 12 hours
buyer insisted that his realtor present it face to face
dude then listed all the things buyer didn't like....carpet etc...

told him to GTFO
he was expecting a counter offer
nope, GTFO
you and your client are not not getting this house

+2 Don't care what your reason is. $$$ is all that counts. Stick to the facts....offer in this case.

+2 Don't care what your reason is. $$$ is all that counts. Stick to the facts....offer in this case.

+3. If you want to haggle over the price of the bike based on things pertaining to the bike itself (condition, etc.), fine. But if you want me to knock some dollars off to cover your gas money, I suggest you look closer to home.

Decent buy, very well setup drz.

Please view this ad:

Suzuki DR-Z 400S 2008,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-motorcycle-...ampaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Price: $*4,100

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
I cannot fathom how DRZ 400's hold their value. $4100 for a 10+ year old single-cylinder budget dual sport that looks like it's seen better days despite the farkles, simply blows my mind. I just don't get it. Cutting edge SS bikes of that vintage are lucky to get that much and had much higher original purchase prices.

Now, regardless of the bike, why should he have to pay for your gas? You bought the truck, suck it up.
Nah, if the guy is in a dead market and can't move it, then not being worth the travel does become a factor. So if somebody feels like asking a seller to make it worth the time and fuel, what is wrong with that? Want to sell it today or not?
Sometimes it's worth bringing up the fact that they are in a dead market and there's an added cost of buying from them vs one listed for higher that is local.
I bought my current bike 6 weeks ago from Sault Ste Marie. I told the seller that there were some closer, but if he wanted to sell his then my gas and hotel come off his asking price. He agreed. In the end, I got a bike for a total price (bike + gas + hotel + my time) that was cheaper than local bikes and he got to sell his bike that had been sitting on the market for 2 months.

I cannot fathom how DRZ 400's hold their value. $4100 for a 10+ year old single-cylinder budget dual sport that looks like it's seen better days despite the farkles, simply blows my mind. I just don't get it. Cutting edge SS bikes of that vintage are lucky to get that much and had much higher original purchase prices.

What I find unclear is his mention of a main jet - cannot really understand what he means Re: Sounds like he is saying the bike needs the main jet changed and he has it. Prior to this he mentions it has the airbox mod and the previous owner knew what he was doing. If that were so....
Sounds like it needs to be jetted properly for the air box. Hopefully the bike wasn't ridden too much with the jetting lean...

I suppose a conversation with the seller would clear things up, or not, lol

Last edited:
Going to look at this bike tomorrow. Looks like a great deal. Clean track bike! If everything looks good, I'll probably offer full $2500. Anything specific to look for on a track bike than a SS street bike?
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes...ke/1371667012?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

other than the tail sitting off to the left a few inches...it looks ok. nice shock. might be worth checking to see if the front and rear wheels are aligned. Ideally have a tech check that out and more ?

the two different clip ons suggest to me that it may not have the original gauges or kms.

Last edited:
Going to look at this bike tomorrow. Looks like a great deal. Clean track bike! If everything looks good, I'll probably offer full $2500. Anything specific to look for on a track bike than a SS street bike?
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes...ke/1371667012?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Ohlins shock needs to be serviced VERY regularly. IIRC Sherrard recommended the TTX I had on my track bike should be done at ~10hrs. That's something to ask about as well as when the forks were done.

Personally I like the updated '06 GSXR's much better than the 05 as they felt lighter, turned better, and were much smaller physically. Plus the 06+ had a slipper clutch. I'd personally wait and find a 06 or newer one as good track one's can be had for $4000 range. Even a nice clean street 06-11 GSXR 600 can be had for 3000-4000 and if you're just getting into track it's an awesome piece of kit (and selling the oem bodywork, headlight, other street stuff will more than pay for track bodywork). Just my thoughts (and I built an 07 and did exactly that).

Not a fan of the model but damn that's a good looking bike.

$_59.JPG

ads gone

Ok guys, I hope I can get your collective opinion.

Couple months back I bought my brand new 2017 R3 ABS from Yamaha directly. I done just 1k so far and just did my first service at Yamaha.

Now, there is someone selling an 06 R6 with just over 10k for sale. They want something smaller like my R3 and are willing to do a straight swap or maybe a bit of money going to me. Their bike as they say is in immaculate condition, they are ok with me taking it into a shop for inspection, and only has some normal mods (slip on, commander, dampener).

Out the door I paid 6500 for my R3... Is this trade a decent deal? If not how much over should I ask for on top?

Couple months back I bought my brand new 2017 R3 ABS from Yamaha directly. I done just 1k so far and just did my first service at Yamaha.

Now, there is someone selling an 06 R6 with just over 10k for sale. They want something smaller like my R3 and are willing to do a straight swap or maybe a bit of money going to me. Their bike as they say is in immaculate condition, they are ok with me taking it into a shop for inspection, and only has some normal mods (slip on, commander, dampener).

Out the door I paid 6500 for my R3... Is this trade a decent deal? If not how much over should I ask for on top?

Got an insurance quote yet?

I can understand your excitement at the chance to own an SS. Why so soon after only putting 1000km on a brand new R3?

An ‘06 R6 with just over 10000km? Those two just don’t go together. How confident are you that the seller is being honest about the mileage? Has the bike been tracked? You could be buying a whole lot of problems. Mechanics can only check so much without tearing into a bike.

Are you good at fixing things and don’t mind not riding while the bike is down for repairs/maintenance? Things you need to consider when owning an older bike. There’s not much going to go wrong with a brand new R3.

If you want opinions on the value of the R6, post up some good quality pics.

Personally I would keep the R3 and get riding that thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom