The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 130 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Sorry guys.
That Gixxer is a deal and a half. I'd be all over that if I had room.

The "slabbies" are the most desirable of that vintage.
This example has TWO NRC covers (Un obtainium)
This example has RS Mikuni flat slides (there is a $1000 if you can find them)
This example has original wheels (almost un obtainium)

I understand that GTAM thinks that anything older than a 2010 model bike is just old junk, but in reality there is a thriving market for vintage.
Some of us have no use what so ever for "new bikes". I, personally, own more than 25 bikes; ranging from a 1956 Norton Domi 99 (oldest bike I own) to a 1993 Ducati Supersport (the newest bike I own)(that I was using to pass much newer, much more expensive bikes at the Ducati track days a couple of weeks ago).
To me, "modern" bikes are all the same, alot like having a meal of a mayonnaise sandwich on white bread, with the crust trimmed off, with a glass of white milk.
To each his own....

PS: If you want to see some cool old bikes; This weekend the Vintage Road Race Assn. is at Calabogie or at Mosport Aug. 31 thru Sept.2. Bikes from the '40s thru to 1989. You will see several Gixxer "slabbies".

... and yeah I'm trying to buy that Gixxer. I'll make room.

Last edited:
On a Katana? I think just that it wasn't abused by the 10 previous owners. MacGyver repairs and stuff.

$_59.JPG

- that is a good deal with luggage

but that compact little Suz 600 inline four weighing 490 wet.....low seat...
gonna take a look tonight I think just for fun.

ah just realized Air cooled...gonna pass.

Last edited:

You might want to go look anyway and judge for yourself, but I wouldn't call a Katana little or compact

Do you know if it's carbureted?
$_59.JPG

- that is a good deal with luggage

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Do you know if it's carbureted?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Which? The Versys is EFI, the Katana is carbonated

Yeah Katana - it's 40 lb lighter than my CBF and low seat ...I'd call it compact....have a 30" inseam and might be a nice fit.
Keep the CBF for the longer rides ...the 600f for local rides......riders commenting say it's bulletproof motor.

Guy is moving...had the bike as a daily ride for 16 years.
All service records and I'm not worried about the cooling after reading ....going to look at tomorrow.

It's certainly not a performance machine but 78 HP on that weight is lots.

The Katana 600 has long been known for its winning combination of comfort, sporting performance and affordability. The 2002 Katana 600 is once again available in two stunning colors and combines the style and performance you’ve come to expect from the sporty and economical 600cc machine. The Katana 600 features a responsive 16-valve, 4-cylinder, air/oil-cooled engine, a sturdy perimeter frame, and twin headlights all housed in a slim and aerodynamic fairing. A well-balanced suspension completes the package with a rebound adjustable front fork, a link-type rear suspension and an adjustable shock absorber mounted out back. Radial tires give the Katana a smooth and sporty ride great for all day cruising or spirited riding, whatever your choice. All this combined with an affordable retail price and you’ve got an incredible motorcycle at an unbeatable price.

Engine Type: 4-stroke, air/oil-cooled
Bore and Stroke: 62.6 mm x 48.7 mm
Front Brake: Dual Hydraulic Disc
Rear Brake: Single Hydraulic Disc
Wheelbase: 1,470 mm (57.9 in.)
Dry Weight: 208 kg (458 lbs)

Length: 2,135 mm (84.1 in)
Width: 745 mm (29.3 in)
Height: 1,195 mm (47.0 in)
Wheelbase: 1,470 mm (57.9 in.)
Dry Weight: 208 kg (458 lbs)
Engine type: Air/oil-cooled 599 cc inline-4, DOHC, 16 valves. 78 hp (57 kW)/ 10,500 rpm, 54 Nm/ 9,500 rpm.

seating reasonably upright

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah Katana. 20 Litre tank ...that's good.

This design philosophy appeals.

The Katana's design started when Suzuki hired Hans Muth, ex-chief of styling for BMW, to update the company's image.[1] The three-man Target Design team consisted of Muth, Jan Fellstrom and Hans-Georg Kasten.[2] Kasten was still with Target Design as of 2003.
The design worked through several variations, with the public being allowed to see the ED1 and ED2 versions. This original design was a 650 cc (40 cu in) model called the ED-1 (European Design 1). The unfaired ED1 design featured a tall sculpted fuel tank with both curves and straight edges that merged fuel tank with a lower stepped seat and side panels. This meant the rider sat into the motorcycle, rather than on it, as was the norm. The ED1 design would be modified for production as the 8-valve GS650G Katana. The shark-like faired ED2 was a more radical design which incorporated favorable aerodynamics, with a special emphasis placed on high-speed stability, and was repeatedly wind-tunnel tested in Italy. The same generalized design forms had already been used early in 1979 for a one-off MV Agusta from the same design team, this proto never saw production.[3] The ED2 design would form the prototype for the larger 16-valve 1100, 1000, and 750 GSX-S (GS-S)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Katana

It was that seating that initially attracted me. The headlight set up as well .
We'll see tomorrow.

Last edited:
Always loved the early 80's Katana's
The fully faired ones are pretty ugly though.

Are there no good looking bikes in this thread anymore?

The katana if a nice reliable bike. Same motor as the air cooled gsxr. You can stuff the 750, 1100 and Bandit 1200 motors in the frame. I have a few spares from a 2003 600 I parted including seat.

Back
Top Bottom