The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 115 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Number one, regular use. Number two, never let it sit for more than a month with gas that contains ethanol. Number three, always fill with ethanol free before storage.
That's it. No magic.
I have owned in the range of 100 or so bikes in my life. A grand total of two were fuel injected. I have actually had to remove and clean carbs three times, that's it, and all three times were from poor storage habits of the previous owner.
That fuelling on those bandits is spot on, no trouble with carbs on those whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
Carbs are no trouble as long as you do as the Iceman says.

I have 3 in the garage that haven't needed a carb cleaning in 10 years - they never get gas with ethanol, they are always full or drained, I never let the carbs evaporate to dry. Never using ethanol gas on any engine less than 250cc because the the fuel passages are tiny and have no corrosion protection -- ethanol is hard on tiny carbs. Also, anything built pre-90 as fuel likes, carb floats, and intake rubbers are not ethanol compatible.

Time to let go of my Hayabusa -- how about consensus on pricing for a 2008 Gen II, reasonable condition with 28,000miles? It's tuned, has all services, well maintained -- needs nothing. Has moto gp style exhausts, baffled but still loud. 50lbs of OE mufflers included. Did a fairing change from orange to white, sold some of the orange fairing parts, remaining pieces included.

I like to set prices firm and fair -- not much to compare on Kijiji or Autotrader. Thoughts?

Also thinking of selling an unmolested 1982 VX920R chain drive with 65K on the clock.

Last edited:
Gonna be tough with insurance being a major factor these days :(

Gonna be tough with insurance being a major factor these days :(
I guess. I'm paying $990/yr in a bundle. That's $240 more than my FJR, both can get into the same trouble. In fact I'd say the FJR is riskier because it's not as good in the danger zone.

2006 Ninja 500R, 30500km, New Tires, Brakes, ETC, $2300 OBO:
$_59.JPG

$_59.JPG

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes...0r/1349642340?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Time to let go of my Hayabusa -- how about consensus on pricing for a 2008 Gen II, reasonable condition with 28,000miles? It's tuned, has all services, well maintained -- needs nothing. Has moto gp style exhausts, baffled but still loud. 50lbs of OE mufflers included. Did a fairing change from orange to white, sold some of the orange fairing parts, remaining pieces included.

I like to set prices firm and fair -- not much to compare on Kijiji or Autotrader. Thoughts?

Also thinking of selling an unmolested 1982 VX920R chain drive with 65K on the clock.

Not sure what a busa of that gen is worth but I have a friend who may be interested depending on what type of price you come up with. Feel free to PM me a number if you'd like. Not sure they are looking to buy at this instant but a right number might help. GLWS

Not sure what a busa of that gen is worth but I have a friend who may be interested depending on what type of price you come up with. Feel free to PM me a number if you'd like. Not sure they are looking to buy at this instant but a right number might help. GLWS
Somewhere north of $6K -- but I'm guessing. I haven't seen a GenII listed for less than 7K, I'm not one to haggle, I set my price fairly then stick. If I can't get 6K I'll keep it in my garage -- comes in handy when one of my riding buddies get the OK to ride his wife's R1.

I guess. I'm paying $990/yr in a bundle. That's $240 more than my FJR, both can get into the same trouble. In fact I'd say the FJR is riskier because it's not as good in the danger zone.

That seems really high. My FJR comes in around $650/yr....

you guys must be old as dirt to be able to afford insuring these things

Or just live outside the GTA with clean records....

Is this your own bike / ad?
No it's not, I Came Across it while browsing Motorcycles/Scooters on Kijiji & thought it might be a Good Price Based on what had been Posted here Recently:
Good price and negotiable. Decent learner/upgrade or commuter.

Please view this ad:

2004 Kawasaki ninja ex 500,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-crui...aign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Price: $*2,000

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

h1.jpg
h1.jpg

h2.jpg
h3.jpg

h4.jpg

h5.jpg

2008, I'm thinking $6000?

I went deaf just from the photos

I went deaf just from the photos
It's not that bad unless you're on her. I had the pipes costom made, they are baffled... not nearly as bad as a straight outs on a Harley. I have the factory cans, they weight about 20lbs each

Wow, that's a really good price MM... is that really all a Hayabusa goes for now?

dope bike btw...
I guess we will see. When I sell something I always try to price it fairly, I use the lowest price I see listed on Auto Trader and Kijiji stick firm. Right now there are no reference points -- the only Gen IIs I for sale were new. I have another 1300cc bike, it's not as hairy as the Hayabusa but it's close.

No it's not, I Came Across it while browsing Motorcycles/Scooters on Kijiji & thought it might be a Good Price Based on what had been Posted here Recently:

I like the 500 ninja. I think this is a reasonabble price. What would make a great deal is if it has new chain/sprockets, maybe new brakes, good fork seals, tires, and certified - in other words well maintained. But for this to work for me I would want the black, maybe blue colour lol.

A lot of people shy away from the ninja as an entry level bike and go 300. - it's too bad, the 500 has more user friendly power for the street, decent wind protection, and comfy ergos. and their inexpensive. I would look for one in the best possible condition.

Back
Top Bottom