The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 63 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Can someone say what it was already? The suspense is killing me

Can someone say what it was already? The suspense is killing me

It was a '99 Honda Magna for $500. Sitting for a few years and I think the mileage was less than 30k. Needed brakes and a tune-up - probably a carb clean and check out the gas tank for rust. The pics weren't the best, but it looked pretty good - it would have been an easy bike to fix and flip. If only I didn't have such a small garage...

Yeah, that was a good flip with some basic work needed only.
Or even a keeper, mileage was low.

I would also pick it up, unfortunately was busy last night and I have a feeling someone just went right away and got it.

Used to own a Magna 750, same year and it was a nimble and quick bike for a cruiser. VFR800 motor. Just no gas gauge or even a light is what killed me.

One owner but history is sketchy? Maintenance? or . . .
He originally purchased in Germany and shipped it over. Stayed in Winnipeg for a year and then moved to Toronto.

Maintenance records just say service was completed, but doesn't say what.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Yep, new ones cost 20k, however

1. Insurance

2. Who has 15k in cash lying around to throw on a bike?

Anyone one on the market for a brand new R1 would have coin for this, or someone looking for a 14' or 15' R1 would easily see the deal here.

I'm surprised that R1 isn't sold yet. Get that thing to the GTA and it would sell quickly I imagine.

Would be gone right away if it were in the GTA. I picked up an R1 in Ottawa two weeks ago, it was worth the drive to Acton.

Anyone one on the market for a brand new R1 would have coin for this, or someone looking for a 14' or 15' R1 would easily see the deal here.

Not necessarily. A lot of people finance these more expensive bikes.
Hell, people finance Ninja 300s even.
Some also like to trade-in a vehicle when they buy new or almost new.

Insurance did kill a big chunk of super sport scene as well. Quite a few riders converted to sport touring or naked. I see quite a difference on my group rides compared to 2-3 years ago.

Not necessarily. A lot of people finance these more expensive bikes.
Hell, people finance Ninja 300s even.
Some also like to trade-in a vehicle when they buy new or almost new.

Insurance did kill a big chunk of super sport scene as well. Quite a few riders converted to sport touring or naked. I see quite a difference on my group rides compared to 2-3 years ago.

Yeah my opinion may be slightly biased as my coverage is stupid low for a super sport being slightly older.

I also pulled the cash out of my line of credit which I know not everyone can do. Mind you I've never financed through a dealer before, always a loan through the bank. Preapproved is like cash.

Last edited:
Yeah my opinion may be slightly biased as my coverage is stupid low for a super sport being slightly older.

I also pulled the cash out of my line of credit which I know not everyone can do. Mind you I've never financed through a dealer before, always a loan through the bank. Preapproved is like cash.

Interesting, do they ask for collateral or just proof of income for bank loan?

Interesting, do they ask for collateral or just proof of income for bank loan?

A line of credit is something you apply for once - like a credit card but you pull cash like a bank acct. You pay it down each month, but you have that cashcredit available to you whenever you need...just withdraw.

Back
Top Bottom