The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 94 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Last edited:
1996 yzf750 43000kms $1750. Nice sport bike known for good handling and decent ergos. Nice ride if you can afford the insurance. Will sell SAFETY CERTIFIED. Posted on kijiji 20 minutes ago, doubt it will last long. Could also be a nice td bike/SOAR vintage racer, or ride street and save as future collector bike. Looks very clean.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/ottawa/1996-yzf750r/1333915086?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Nice find. My brother has a 93 and he's the original owner in mint shape. Except he bought a victory and the yzf has been sitting in a heated shop for 5 years now.
Always loved riding his.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Good deal on a great bike.
Looks like a dealer.
So I suppose you could get those green levers taken off.
Gross

You guys are posting bikes that are further and further. North Bay, Brockville - I don't know if these are such great deals if someone who lives in GTA has to drive 3-4h one way just to see if the motorcycle is not a piece of crap.

Of course vehicles are cheaper if you go that far away. The art is finding a deal within the borders of GTA, not in Timbuktu.

Last edited:
You guys are posting bikes that are further and further. North Bay, Brockville - I don't know if these are such great deals if someone who lives in GTA has to drive 3-4h one way just to see if the motorcycle is not a piece of crap.

Of course vehicles are cheaper if you go that far away. The art is finding a deal within the borders of GTA, not in Timbuktu.
I guess beauty and value
are in the eyes of the beholder

a telephone conversation and request
for pics and info can do a lot
to determine if a day should be spent on a bike

personally I'd go a lot fourther than 3 hours if I wanted something

Yup ....depends on the bike. I was happy to go to Ottawa to pick up my CBF1000 from a Quebec cop ....got it safetied and transferred.

But it depends on the bike and the savings....that was a chilly ride home but been a sweet ride and is my only ride in Canada now.

That CBF I posted for a ridiculous low price is gone ....I wonder if this dealer grabbed it for a quick $1k profit.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-crui...00/1306457566?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Yup ....depends on the bike. I was happy to go to Ottawa to pick up my CBF1000 from a Quebec cop ....got it safetied and transferred.

But it depends on the bike and the savings....that was a chilly ride home but been a sweet ride and is my only ride in Canada now.

That CBF I posted for a ridiculous low price is gone ....I wonder if this dealer grabbed it for a quick $1k profit.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-crui...00/1306457566?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

you got it safetied AFTER purchasing the quebec bike in ottawa?

Good example of a not so common GTA bike
that was worth the journey for you

I went to London to get an FZ6 that was
3 years old with 1200 km on it

Car dealer had taken it on trade and it sat for 2 years in the showroom

Bike had been used for 6 months by original owner

Was underpriced by about 3k
best day I ever spent for a motorcycle

you got it safetied AFTER purchasing the quebec bike in ottawa?

The owner, a cop got it saftied at Canada Tire in Ottawa and then we got the ownership etc transferred at the DOT near by.

Why in the least are you surprised? 15k km on a relatively recent Honda - not a lot to go wrong and tires were fresh. Took the guy 15 min to safety.

You can't get a safety for Ontario in Quebec ...you have to get it in Ottawa and then transfer ownership which we did. Worst part was the ride home on a chilly October day in 2015.
Should have hooked up the heated gloves.

Having to travel for a rare bike at a great price is all part of the motorcycle experience. Even better if you do your own wrenching/restoration. You’ll always have a great story to tell.

Man.... of all the bikes I’ve bought only one was LESS than 3-4 hours away.

St. Paul, MN
Rome, GA
Cleveland, OH
Indianapolis, IN
Barrie, ON (twice)

Next weekend I'm taking my trailer to Petawawa to pick up a bike for a buddy because he has no trailer or tow vehicle. He saved a pile of money and we're going to spend a day on the road to make it happen. No biggie. Well worth it this summer.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom