The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 37 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

I called a few mins after it was posted. Its already gone. I was also going to buy it over the phone unseen as well haha. Forget about storage. Theres always room for great condition vintage

I hope this is the right thread for this...

Does anyone have a ball park idea for how much I should be spending on a used Ninja 250? I'm looking for my first bike, and I need something cheap to hold me over until I graduate school. I have a car, so I would only be driving during the summer for pleasure and to learn.

This might seem low... but my budget is around 1-1.5k.

A quick search on kijiji...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...ap/1080252187?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

1.6k for a bike that is more than 10 years old...?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...0r/1080229405?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

How does this look? What should I be looking for in used bikes?

Anything that is in half decent condition is going to be around $2k except for maybe an old CBR125R.

I've found the same with cars. Regardless of age of in decent shape it'll be between $2-3k. Any lower and it probably needs more work than is worth it unless you're going to do it all yourself.

The second one is gone already. It likely sold for a lot less than asking.

The biggest problem with those bikes is that owners either do nothing to maintain them, or they do too much farting around and ruin them. You want a well maintained commuter bike, as stock as possible, preferably older rider.
Parts are cheap, and the bikes are pretty robust.
Look for state of the rubber, the chains/sprockets (they should have been changed by now), fork seals, shock dampening (it shouldn't bounce when you compress the seat and release), clutch. Find out when the valves were last checked.
Don't focus too much on age, because some bikes are junk after a few years of abuse.
Just remember they made and sold a huge number of those bikes, and new ones come up for sale daily.
Keep a printed record of kijiji ads saved up and use them to negotiate price, some 250/300 sellers are pretty delusional about resale values.

Is $2800 for a 2000 KTM EXC 200 decent?

Looking for something to play with in the winter. Or would a heavier 4 stroke bike be better?

Guy is in england on a research project for the next 5 years and doesn't have time to ride. He will have his driver drop it at your house, you have 48 hours to inspect and if you like to send the payment for the bike...lol Or wife got the bike in divorce, selling just to piss of her ex..lol or anyone of the other similiar scams.

I think $24,900 would be closer to the right price, right?

Back
Top Bottom