The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 53 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

you are in a position where you have a bike that younger guys arent going to be looking at it because its not a streetfighter or a SS.
sport touring bikes are great, dont get me wrong but its a smaller market IMO.

Exactly... Not many youngsters are interested or they just can't afford ins. on a bigger, manlier bike. As an old guy insurance cost isn't a factor in deciding which bike I buy... For young guys it's seems ins. "is" the defacto decider on model/size.

Id take that bike off your hands for $500 if you want...hell....ill even worry about the cert myself and take it as is. :)

Cash..?

Exactly... Not many youngsters are interested or they just can't afford ins. on a bigger, manlier bike. As an old guy insurance cost isn't a factor in deciding which bike I buy... For young guys it's seems ins. "is" the defacto decider on model/size.
im in a good area for insurance rates plus over 30, full M and been licensed for 10+ yrs.. so all good for me at this time anyway.
im more into either a badass harley or a SS but if i got a killer seal on a sport touring ide probably take it....like say this $500 we are negotiating on right now..lol
yup, and a beer.

EaZ8..... you tempt me.

This beer.....Would it be imported or domestic?

The way I see it I'm only selling the one bike to make room in the garage, but I sure as hell ain't giving it away. Worst case scenario I end up owning two awsome bikes (Pick up my 2016 FJR next week ).

Threads going a little off track...

Anyway.... Bikes are toys and they'll only sell for what someone is willing to pay. Sometimes a buyer gets lucky when, to a seller the bike isn't worth much.

Most of the time though it's like that old George Carlin bit....."Everybody thinks their **** is stuff and everybody else's stuff is ****"

EaZ8..... you tempt me.

This beer.....Would it be imported or domestic?

The way I see it I'm only selling the one bike to make room in the garage, but I sure as hell ain't giving it away. Worst case scenario I end up owning two awsome bikes (Pick up my 2016 FJR next week ).

Threads going a little off track...

Anyway.... Bikes are toys and they'll only sell for what someone is willing to pay. Sometimes a buyer gets lucky when, to a seller the bike isn't worth much.

Most of the time though it's like that old George Carlin bit....."Everybody thinks their **** is stuff and everybody else's stuff is ****"
i have Corona, Coors and Moose on hand. swing by and we can have 1 of each if you want while signing over that ownership.
If that doesnt do it for ya ive got a bottle of 16 yr old Lagavulin and will pour you a glass.

take your time with the sale, someone will pop up that wants it. sometimes someone use to own one and wants it again.

my gfs dad just picked up a 2000 roadstar with 7km on it because he is having electrical issues on his 2000 roadstar that has 100,000+km on it. he has a custom paint job and just wanted to keep the same bike (bars, pegs and tins being swapped over tomorrow), really would have kept riding it but wanted on 2 wheels faster than we had time to diagnose it, and this is just like hitting the reset button and going back in time...its basically a new bike.
the seller had it listed for a year and when my gf's dad saw it he didnt negotiate at all, i ran the vin, it kicked back 100% clean so he gave him his asking price because it seemed fair.

If that bike is original, that's a killer price.

Want to do a timeshare?

Why is $3500 for a 32 year old bike, a "killer price" ?

I guess as a "collector's item" maybe, but as a useful bike to actually ride ?

With only 9863 km over 32 years, obviously it's (almost) "never" ridden. Isn't lack of use as bad or worse than "over-use" ?

Why is $3500 for a 32 year old bike, a "killer price" ?

I guess as a "collector's item" maybe, but as a useful bike to actually ride ?

With only 9863 km over 32 years, obviously it's (almost) "never" ridden. Isn't lack of use as bad or worse than "over-use" ?
With that particular bike it doesn't matter. Have you ridden a 350 2t twin at full song? It's glorious! I'd gladly tinker away every night just for those Saturday runs.lol

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Yes, $3500 is extremely tempting!

[video=youtube_share;z5h2fOr6mto]http://youtu.be/z5h2fOr6mto[/video]

Yes, $3500 is extremely tempting!

[video=youtube_share;z5h2fOr6mto]http://youtu.be/z5h2fOr6mto[/video]
Yes sir! You get it. Thanks for the video.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

um, repeat in english?
autocorrect.... my bad.

they were sold for 9 grand on the road for their last year of the 600cc (599cc) motor before the 636cc returned in 2013.
i forget the name of the shop that had them advertised...they were on steeles and are now gone.. they merged with another shop then closed down i think.
bikes downstairs, gear upstairs.. they had the RF-1100 for $100 on clearance at one point too.

autocorrect.... my bad.

they were sold for 9 grand on the road for their last year of the 600cc (599cc) motor before the 636cc returned in 2013.
i forget the name of the shop that had them advertised...they were on steeles and are now gone.. they merged with another shop then closed down i think.
bikes downstairs, gear upstairs.. they had the RF-1100 for $100 on clearance at one point too.

Kahuna Powersports

Brilliant deal for someone

$_27.JPG

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-tourin...om/1179888594?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

offer $4k ...I suspect it's ABS as well...same year as mine.

Back
Top Bottom