The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 76 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...50/1304491171?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Clean 2008 GSX650 27K $2100

If I had the room and cash this would be mine.

$_59.JPG
nice find. like.

Maybe not an amazing deal, potentially a good fixer upper for someone. I've heard head gasket leaks were common on Brazilian GS500s, don't remember if it's poor assembly or ****** heads. Even then, yanking the head and getting it machined you'd still come out ahead. Engine work on GS500s is easy

Edit: Oh. It's been down, rattlecanned black, and then possibly down again. While still part of the natural lifecycle of a GS500F, I'm downgrading it to a meh deal

Last edited:
Still though, what would the parts really cost? how cheap would one expect to pick up a project bike? For a little bit of work, and probably under a grand total, somebody could have a nice 8 year old bike. I'd say it's still a good deal if you are mechanically inclined.

the GS500 is a coin toss. it only has 12k ? why is it leaking oil? maybe a head gasket? ok. maybe it was run low on oil and the crank is done. coin toss. without looking you don't know. as it sits w/o hearing it run makes it a parts bike to me. $500 is too much.

Still though, what would the parts really cost? how cheap would one expect to pick up a project bike? For a little bit of work, and probably under a grand total, somebody could have a nice 8 year old bike. I'd say it's still a good deal if you are mechanically inclined.

If it didn't need a head gasket it is a nice deal. 4 Ebay LEd signals and flasher $50, Emgo Mirrors about $55 each, If it needs handle bars $27 aftermarket cheap ones, $100 factory. So under $300. Not including Gaskets and labour if you don't do it yourself.

Just check the competition

2006 for $1000 needs a bit of work.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...00/1305856608?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

whoever buys it better get it checked out before they hand over the cash

Also that hideous paint job:(

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...is/1306326428?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

"2009 GS500f 12K Selling as is Suzuki gs500 has been sitting probably needs new gaskets and battery $500"

Not really sure it is a good deal. Needs mirrors, front signals, battery and possibly handle bars but why gaskets ?? Looks like a head gasket leak in pic.

$_59.JPG

Those bikes regularly have gasket seepage. Went to go look at a handful with my Dad a few years ago. Almost every one has oil seeping from a similar spot. From what I remember, it wasn't the same spot that has oil on the engine cover on this one.

KLR650 20k $2000. probably needs some maintenance ...been posted over a month. $1500 or less might take it. What do you think?
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes...50/1299569574?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
At 1500 it'd be a steal. It's got some type of seat mod, which is fairly necessary if you want to sit on it for long. The rest of it looks stock and unmolested.
My klr had 86000 when sold it, still running with over 100k now.
I just snagged a mint blue plated drz400e on trade for a kx250. Looking forward to the Bethany next year.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

The Bethany dual sport ride is awesome. I'm also looking forward to that. Best experienced with a GPS...

The Bethany dual sport ride is awesome. I'm also looking forward to that. Best experienced with a GPS...
The gps I have, the ability to use it properly not so much.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Those bikes regularly have gasket seepage. Went to go look at a handful with my Dad a few years ago. Almost every one has oil seeping from a similar spot. From what I remember, it wasn't the same spot that has oil on the engine cover on this one.
Agreed. I lost a 04 gs500f to low engine oil. One day before I was going to change the oil. Middle of the 401 in the express. Was not fun.

A KLR in Sport Bikes !!!???....no wonder it's still there ;)

They are just about bullet proof. Decent price if doohickey done and mechanically okay

A KLR in Sport Bikes !!!???....no wonder it's still there ;)

They are just about bullet proof. Decent price if doohickey done and mechanically okay

Did they ever fix the doohickey on the newer models?

Did they ever fix the doohickey on the newer models?

showing my lack of klr knowledge...is the doo hickey a cam chain tensioner? replacing oem tensioner with a manual tensioner ...is this a regularly done mod on the klr?

never noticed it was in sportbikes lmao somebody grab this and make it a tutorial project, wrench spit shine and go.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom