The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 52 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Replies to classified ads are not allowed. Why are you skirting the rules? #noHomo
I didn't think that I was. I just thought that might be a good deal for someone that wants that bike. That is all. And I don’t wear skirts.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

I didn't think that I was. I just thought that might be a good deal for someone that wants that bike. That is all. And I don’t wear skirts.

You didn't. But you exposed the ad to possible vicious conjecture.

Assuming it's in decent condition, probably would make for a decent cheap track bike. Not sure about relying on it as a street bike with that much mileage + having been tracked :dontknow:

I met a guy on Southwood Rd on Tuesday on a sweet 09 versys 650 in silver/grey with 5000km on it. He wants $3900 obo. This is a good deal that someone should jump on.
Contact info: Dan Halloran 705-689-2762

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

7 years 5k km ....how does that happen? :confused:
I know a guy who hardly rides his bike but he buys a new one every couple years. There's hardly a depreciation because his mileage is negligible. He once boasts how he sold a bike for the same price he bought it for

Lotsa people out there who are more interested in owning a bike as a fetish, rather than ride it.

Yeah but a Versys is not exactly a poser machine. I understand it with the low mileage Burgman 650s. Middle aged wannabes channel scooting on Caribbean islands and drop $15k and find themselves in over their heads.....sell it for half price or less a couple years later.

Turned out well for me twice. My first one had like 1400 km and was 4 years old. I suppose the same applies to noob adventure riders....

Yeah but a Versys is not exactly a poser machine.

People are oblivious. Says a V-Strom 1000 owner to me: "I wanted something tall but still sexy." #what

Guy buys a bike he knows nothing about just so he can self-declare a bike guy, realizes no one cares, plus he'd rather show up in his car anyway. Guy lists bike on kijiji for 100% of what he owes, ends up selling for 40%, quietly makes payments on it for 5 more years. Sells his gear on GTAM to recoup a tiny fraction of his losses.

People are oblivious. Says a V-Strom 1000 owner to me: "I wanted something tall but still sexy." #what

Guy buys a bike he knows nothing about just so he can self-declare a bike guy, realizes no one cares, plus he'd rather show up in his car anyway. Guy lists bike on kijiji for 100% of what he owes, ends up selling for 40%, quietly makes payments on it for 5 more years. Sells his gear on GTAM to recoup a tiny fraction of his losses.

Based on my financial position of not being able to afford the bike I want, or the insurance to pay for it, OR the gear I find attractive and useful, I say; ALL THE MORE POWER to that guy.

Based on my financial position of not being able to afford the bike I want, or the insurance to pay for it, OR the gear I find attractive and useful, I say; ALL THE MORE POWER to that guy.

Buy my bike!

@Iceman wish we would have met a few years earlier when my BIL sold his. ?
Edit: I think his was 85 though...white red and blue

Nothing is worth more than what someone is willing to pay...

I've got a minty clean bike for sale at what I think is a very fair price. No takers.

Is it that my price is too high?
or... Are there other factors at play like the insurability of said bike..?

I could be asking $500 for a clean/certified 1250, but what 20 - something is going to want to pay the insurance on it?
The older guys for whom ins. premiums aren't really an issue would probably buy new.

So... 'Looks like I either have to give away my bike or I'll end up owning two.

Nothing is worth more than what someone is willing to pay...

I've got a minty clean bike for sale at what I think is a very fair price. No takers.

Is it that my price is too high?
or... Are there other factors at play like the insurability of said bike..?

I could be asking $500 for a clean/certified 1250, but what 20 - something is going to want to pay the insurance on it?
The older guys for whom ins. premiums aren't really an issue would probably buy new.

So... 'Looks like I either have to give away my bike or I'll end up owning two.
i jsut checked you ad, no clue what shes worth but you are in a position where you have a bike that younger guys arent going to be looking at it because its not a streetfighter or a SS.
sport touring bikes are great, dont get me wrong but its a smaller market IMO.

ide take that bike off your hands for $500 if you want...hell....ill even worry about the cert myself and take it as is. :)

Back
Top Bottom