The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 137 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

@GVH ooh! I like purple!
(edit: looks more fuscia upon further inspection)
The bike will be for both her and him. They both just did the course and will need something to gain experience on. Ultimately though, I think she will keep the 250/500 and he will get something a bit bigger.
Thanks everyone. I have been passing these along.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

looking for an inexpensive 250 cruiser?
91 kawi EL250 19.000kms $750. not running but turns over. with all the dust its been sitting a while. wouldn't be surprised if it just needs a carb clean to run. Are you a gambler? I would roll the dice for $500... if the tank is clean inside.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-crui...gion/1991-kawasaki-el250/1370384357?enableSea
EDIT looks a little bit purple lol AND looking at the odometer it reads 19 hundred kms, not thousand !! somebody put this on the road!! This bike will clean up nicely by the looks of it.

Last edited:
looking for an inexpensive 250 cruiser?
91 kawi EL250 19.000kms $750. not running but turns over. with all the dust its been sitting a while. wouldn't be surprised if it just needs a carb clean to run. Are you a gambler? I would roll the dice for $500... if the tank is clean inside.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-crui...gion/1991-kawasaki-el250/1370384357?enableSea
EDIT looks a little bit purple lol AND looking at the odometer it reads 19 hundred kms, not thousand !! somebody put this on the road!! This bike will clean up nicely by the looks of it.
That's a steal. It's over 25, so you can get dirt cheap classic insurance if you use it as a second bike.

It wan't nearly as popular as Honda's Rebel or Yamaha's Virago 250, but it should have been - it's basically an Ninja250 in a cruiser frame. That Kawi 250 is an 80,000km motor with 6 speeds and 33hp -- hauls a 200lb rider all day at 130kmh.

Next, the clock shows 1900km, not not 19,000km. With 1900 KM I can't imagine it needs anything more than a cleanup, some new rubber and a carb/fuel system degunking. 1/2 a day of tinkering and a couple hundred for tires and a fuel lines - a steal.

Hmm, do I have room?

@GVH ooh! I like purple!
The bike will be for both her and him. They both just did the course and will need something to gain experience on. Ultimately though, I think she will keep the 250/500 and he will get something a bit bigger.

one of our own here Joe, is an 800 too big?
bike looks sharp, low km
seat needs done but price is still good

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?205830-2001-Suzuki-Intruder-800

@GVH ooh! I like purple!

I have a Kymco Venox 250, and I really like it. It's more powerful (28 hp) than the Rebel 250 and Virago 250 (Around 18 hp), weighs more and looks/feels like a bigger bike than 250 cc. This kind of gives a little bandwidth from having to immediately upgrade after the 1st season.
Unlike other non-japanese cruisers like Hyosung GV 250- Kymco has a dealer in Toronto and spare parts/service is still supported.

The downside is since it's not a Japanese bike- resale is not great. But you could probably benefit from that when you buy this. Search this forum for Kymco Venox posts and you would find most of it being positive reviews.

Here's one available for $2300 which could probably be negotiated down to below $2000. Hope this helps.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-crui...ty/1366991707?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

edit: I am just posting the above link as a reference point for how the bike looks. I am not implying that it's a good price.

Last edited:
Saw one on the road a few weeks ago, thought it was a Hyosung...

8DSbJH9.png

The Kymco looks like a power cruiser. Maybe a little too big physically for her right now. For him should be ok. They went into a Honda dealership and she sat on a Rebel 500. She's liking that a lot. But I'm trying to steer them away from new.

Can't quite put my finger on it, but something doesn't seem 100% with that bike.

Nothing's jumping out at me. That's pretty much how it looked originally, plus rear turn signals and a clear windscreen

Back
Top Bottom