The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 25 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Other than for insurance reasons the 650 makes more sense since the 400 is just a 650 with sleeved pistons. Plus the 650's generally only cost a bit more than that.

Last edited:
FYI, if you offered $3,500 and he agreed right away then you could've had it for less. Offering 20% less than asking price is hardly offensive. I would've tried 3 grand.
There's not much demand for Ninja 400 as evidenced by the fact that it was posted 22 days ago and still available. At any rate, somewhat decent price still. Check if it needs new tires or chain, etc. You could always knock off a hundred or two that way.
BTW, seems like it's missing a Ninja decal on the right fairing (?). If that's the case it could've been potentially dropped and the fairing replaced. I'm not 100% positive if they all came with this decal but the space looks kind of empty.
I don't know. If I was looking to get 3500 for a bike I'd probably list it at 3800. It's high enough that you have some room to come down, but not so high that you're unrealistic and turn people off. If some guy offered me 3000 I wouldn't bother writing back to him. The guys who throw out numbers like that without even going to see the bike first aren't serious, they're just lowballing everyone to see if they can win big.

From my personal experience 20% less as a first offer works but I do agree with making that offer when I see the bike. I only make offers up front when it's long distance away.

This, I'm not driving to Sudbury or something until I know the seller and I are in the same ballpark on price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the red wheels original? I thought they only came plain, exactly like my bike's wheels.

Yamaha%20RZ350%20RR%2084%20%201.jpg

No proof, but I think they were only available in red a few years later, 86-87?

Can you see a pic of it? I can't.

No. And that is exactly why it could be a mega score. Many people wouldn't even consider calling if there is no pic.

Ask for a pic. Take it from there.

As is, good for drag strip = I don't have the ownership

Because Kijiji. Hope I'm wrong.

I read that as:
- bike is lowered 2" and that makes it good for launching at the drag strop.
- bike is being sold as-is because a safety certificate will not be provided.
- bike is being ridden on the street which would indicate a valid ownership

There is nothing in that ad that would make me think there's an issue with the title/ownership. Further, these are questions you can ask before you ever go see the bike in person. Ask for a picture, ask for the current title status, and see where that takes you.

Assuming something and declaring the bike not roadworthy based on nothing seems pretty stupid to me.

Then make sense.

Why do you think there would be title issues with that bike?

Poorly written ads can be jackpots for buyers. Many people, like yourself, would not even bother replying to that ad. That means someone who is willing to take 30 seconds to make a call or write an email could score a great deal. What else is there to discuss?

Dude, I bought my $800, 30yo bike after answering dozens of those sketchy/incomplete ads. That is precisely why I'm being cynical here.

But yeah, I'm probably wrong here, it sounds like this guy is just too lazy to take pics, or check the market price of his bike.

Either way, relax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom