The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 20 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Picture quality makes it look like it's a way old pic. Probably from back when they bought it.

But, the price is lower than most CBR125's I've seen. So that's pretty decent.
Yeah, I'd be curios to know if you brought a battery if it would run. 4 years is a decent amount of storage, long enough that if it wasn't done properly it would need some work. Still, at that price unless the engine was blown you could even pay someone to do the work and still come out ahead.

If it were closer to me I would take a battery and if it ran pay $750 for it. New battery and some wynns carb cleaner and flip it for $1500 in the spring

If I had the garage space I'd buy it and flip it in the spring.

edit... ahh you beat me to it. but I would sell it for at least $2k to some noob!

Last edited:
Probably will need tires too.

Still a pretty good deal for $750 but I don't think anyone would make a lot of money flipping it.

35,00km? '03? Hasn't run in 4 years? No battery? *If* it can be made to run without having to change the injectors, and unseizing the cylinders, it would be a reasonable deal. Nothing on how the brakes or tires are in the ad. Looks like a bit of a project. I wouldn't pay much more than what he's asking.

35,00km? '03? Hasn't run in 4 years? No battery? *If* it can be made to run without having to change the injectors, and unseizing the cylinders, it would be a reasonable deal. Nothing on how the brakes or tires are in the ad. Looks like a bit of a project. I wouldn't pay much more than what he's asking.

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but I get the feeling you are not familiar with EX-250s... I would bet Kellen is pretty close to the amount of work involved. I am actually considering flipping this

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but I get the feeling you are not familiar with EX-250s... I would bet Kellen is pretty close to the amount of work involved. I am actually considering flipping this
I thought ZZR250 was different from the EX250. Am I wrong?

I thought ZZR250 was different from the EX250. Am I wrong?

Well... the ZZR-250 was known as the EX-250H elsewhere. The prior crappier version was the EX-250F (and the modern successor is the EX-250J). The chassis is completely different between the H and the F but mechanically they are very similar.

I asked him for some more pics.

nope. its all in good shape though, no rust or anything.

You can MAYBE make 500 bucks if you get it for 500 or less. I would definitely not pay 750 for it.
And you probably have to wait until Spring to be able to sell it for around $1,000.

The money is in larger displacement bikes boys, and you have to be willing to put some work into them.

Last edited:
You can MAYBE make 500 bucks if you get it for 500 or less. I would definitely not pay 750 for it.
And you probably have to wait until Spring to be able to sell it for around $1,000.

The money is in larger displacement bikes boys, and you have to be willing to put some work into them.

+1 Unless you are flipping multiple bikes at a time. Lots of work + risk for a $500-$750 return. Better of flipping an iphone if you have that kind of time. lol

+1 Unless you are flipping multiple bikes at a time. Lots of work + risk for a $500-$750 return. Better of flipping an iphone if you have that kind of time. lol

Yeah flipping bikes is fair bit of risk for small reward.

There's more money in parting them out bit its also a lot of BS.

What I've done before and will do again is buy a bike that's damaged, not running or whatever. Fix it up on the cheap, ride it for a year or two, sell it for what you have into it. If you make a few bucks great. Ride for free

Yeah flipping bikes is fair bit of risk for small reward.

There's more money in parting them out bit its also a lot of BS.

What I've done before and will do again is buy a bike that's damaged, not running or whatever. Fix it up on the cheap, ride it for a year or two, sell it for what you have into it. If you make a few bucks great. Ride for free
Lol @ your longest post ever.

I agree 200%. Bought and sold my last SS at the same price, doubled the mileage.

Back
Top Bottom