Guys, stop speeding. | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Guys, stop speeding.

Saying speeding kills is like saying guns kill. Stupid people kill

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;bvLaTupw-hk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvLaTupw-hk[/video]

Speeding is bad mmmkay?
WHY cant they show commercials like that
here in Canada, show them at driver ed and in schools show them all the time. if it saves even 1 life it's worth it.both of my kids are starting out on bikes and cars... I made them watch it.... as a reminder of how quick things can go bad when excessive speed is involved.... VERY sad chain of events here... to all...PLEASE be careful and ride safe.

Great advertisement, but unfortunately it only affects those that already have a good attitude about driving or riding. Most people don't believe that they can make a mistake so they don't look long enough to determine the speed of those around them resulting in conflicts. That also goes for the guy speeding (going straight), if you can't see you can't speed.

What you are referring to is called hind sight. It's easy to make decisions based on events that have already happened. The trick to make the correct decision that affects what has not yet happened. You need to drive or ride to the conditions. If you can't see, you can't speed.

Touching video. It's easy for us to look at the result and say what we would have done differently; sometime you can do everything well and still things go wrong. This video is a good example of what not to do. So sad that the rider had to learn that sometime they are out to get you.

"The driver of the Renault, who admitted not seeing David or the car travelling behind, was prosecuted in April."

Ch Insp Spinks added: “We know from the footage that David was travelling up to 100mph. Regardless of the speed of the bike, the car manoeuvre should not have been attempted"

As it should be! Regardless of speed, an inattentive driver failed to yield right of way, period. If you can't accurately judge the speed and distance of other vehicles you should ride the bus. It is an integral part of operating a motorized vehicle. Those ads are BS.

Here's a motorcycle related one... according to this one 8kph over the limit is a death sentence :rolleyes:

[video=youtube_share;HT666XwJR2s]http://youtu.be/HT666XwJR2s[/video]

Just to add to what I posted above, the driver in the "David's Story" video, admitted to causing death by careless driving and got 12 months community service and an 18 month driving ban.

Back
Top Bottom