came off bike, broken clavical | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

came off bike, broken clavical

I read the OP and thought, de ja vu all over again. Exact same thing, right down to the ice, happened to me last week. I'm going in for surgery tomorrow to have the plate put in. The break was dislocated too far to heal properly without surgery.

Btw, +1 for Dr. McKee at St Mikes. He did my wife's shoulder after she shattered the upper humerus 10 years ago. She didn't get full mobility back, but it was a very severe break.

I read the OP and thought, de ja vu all over again. Exact same thing, right down to the ice, happened to me last week. I'm going in for surgery tomorrow to have the plate put in. The break was dislocated too far to heal properly without surgery.

Btw, +1 for Dr. McKee at St Mikes. He did my wife's shoulder after she shattered the upper humerus 10 years ago. She didn't get full mobility back, but it was a very severe break.

That's the right way to go. I had an unplated 3 radius displacement that took 8 months to heal. Rebroke it again in a slip and fall and went to St. Mikes. He took one look at the X-Ray and said that he definitely would have plated the old break, but the new one would heal fine.

Back
Top Bottom