What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014 | Page 43 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014

Kellen I met the "older sibling" at the DDT track on Monday, guy said he has bought the ninja from you.

Cool! The 03/04 or the 05/06? I'm gonna guess the newer one

Ummm, it was green and not so pretty.

I'm terrible at knowing what bike is what. Motor? Tires? OK it's a motorcycle in my eyes!

Ummm, it was green and not so pretty.

I'm terrible at knowing what bike is what. Motor? Tires? OK it's a motorcycle in my eyes!

Lol. Well I had two different kawi race bikes

SdiuTyp.jpg

zsdkhQQ.jpg

I'm sure both have been repainted since i owned them

Looked at it...
Realized I'm done for the season due to other prior commitments....
Next step - swap water wetter for antifreeze... sigh.
Maaannn... Why you gotta remind me? I need to sneak in 3 days this month to hit my target for the season.

Nothing major but bump up the thread. I put in a new speedo/tach as mine stopped working at the last SOAR round and I have to do an oil change before the next round.

Last edited:
Nothing major but bump up the thread. I put in a new speedo as mine stopped working at the last SOAR round and I have to do an oil change before the next round.

Curious why you even need a speedo on a track bike.

I have had my bike apart after my Round 4 crash, have straightened some stuff, and now apparently there is a big box of parts waiting for me at the post office - Woodcraft clipons, replacement brake lever, etc. Still waiting on the paint. Wife is going to have kittens when she sees me wrenching the bike....

I have had my bike apart after my Round 4 crash, have straightened some stuff, and now apparently there is a big box of parts waiting for me at the post office - Woodcraft clipons, replacement brake lever, etc. Still waiting on the paint. Wife is going to have kittens when she sees me wrenching the bike....

Should have said tach. The speedo and tach are one unit. The speedo I don't really care about or need, and the tach for that matter I can go by sound but on the start it is definately nice to have a tach so I can gague where I am when trying to launch. I tried it last round and wasn't sure if I was going to bog down or loop it but managed to get my usual poor start without being to far off what my usual poor starts would be.

You planning on coming out and watching at all for the last two rounds?

Hey, that's great! Congratulations. Kittens are so cute. :) LOL...

I've got a Chinese fairing stay coming in the mail (haven't checked all week, it might be here) so hopefully it fits and isn't made of paper maché and aluminum powder.

You planning on coming out and watching at all for the last two rounds?

If possible. There is actually a slim chance that I will be able to ride endurance in Round 5, but more likely I will just be the lap recorder / umbrella girl.

I am very hopeful that I will be able to compete in the final round.

Nothing major but bump up the thread. I put in a new speedo/tach as mine stopped working at the last SOAR round and I have to do an oil change before the next round.

The deluge at Mosport got to it eh? Bummer.

I'm colour blind, it was the blue one!

Ha, no kidding. Yeah, it was in pretty rough cosmetic shape when I sold it back in 2010...

I would love to buy it back for lost era next year!

Ordered a gps tracker, alarm for garage , and a shotgun
Also a lock for wheel chock and huge deadbolt for front and back doors
Oh and I flushed the gas tank and changed the oils just in case

Ordered a gps tracker, alarm for garage , and a shotgun
Also a lock for wheel chock and huge deadbolt for front and back doors
Oh and I flushed the gas tank and changed the oils just in case
Which shotgun? Rem 870 Marine Magnum?

Don't put too much faith in the GPS tracker.

Yesterday was a great day .....My youngest son used my track bike at Cayuga.....It was his first time on a track... not sure who had more fun..my son or his proud papa....

Did my last track day for this season at TMP with my new speigler brake lines, woodcraft rearsets, Divx Sprockets and Chain. And also played around with suspension at the track. Felt like a brand new toy!

Swapped my gearing which meant swapping chains, new brake pads installed, new brake fluid, triple clamp offset adjustment, and a front fork spring change. Might change the TC settings as well.

There's almost too much to adjust but it's close now.

Back
Top Bottom