What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014 | Page 42 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014

Keep your eyes on the for sale section over the winter for some used bodywork. Could get lucky.

+1. I've never bought new bodywork. Haha

Unless those parts are worn and need replacement your money should be going into suspension before any of that stuff. Late-braking/accelerating faster take a backseat to proper track suspension and seat-time.
Exactly - Want to "shave some seconds"? get your suspension done and it has teh added bonus of making you way less "crashy"

Suspension will make you faster. The other parts will help once you can't possibly carry any more corner speed.

Brake pads and stainless lines won't hurt but as far as any other performance mods changing your gearing will be sufficient.

Bought the parts and will get them installed when I get back. Looks like I'll even get a chance to tweak my suspension from the same mechanic.

You guys have any recommendations for good suspension guys?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408383895.949108.jpg

My naked Bike.

Bought the parts and will get them installed when I get back. Looks like I'll even get a chance to tweak my suspension from the same mechanic.

You guys have any recommendations for good suspension guys?
Competition Cycle in Whitby
Z1 in Etobicoke
Accelerated Technologies way up north and at most SOAR rounds

I haven't had my suspension looked by anyone else so I can't recommend.

Next event: VRRA at Mosport.

Yesterday's task: remove Grand Bend gearing (14/46) and install Mosport gearing (15/44) - this is one tooth smaller rear sprocket compared to last year - I will be running my good engine instead of the stock spare engine that I used last year and I'm hoping it will pull the extra gear.

Today's task: Rejet with one size smaller main jets - current setup has been too rich at the top of the rev range. General check-over and clean-up with the bodywork off. Install VRRA bodywork (different numbers and different colours). Fresh set of tires is in the van ready for RIPP Racing to install at the track on Friday afternoon. Should be good to go.

Frustrated myself.
Wasn't happy with the brakes on the ZX7R, so decided to rebuild the 6pots and add a more traceable pad over the HH. Got them all together installed and started the bleeding process. One bottle of $60 brake fluid down and still no pressure on the leavers. ******, closer inspection the calipers are seeping.
Tonight going to replace aluminum crush washers with brass, and rebleed. Now need to clean brake fluid off the front rim and tire. If all else fails putting original calipers back on tonight for Saturday atTMP.

You might want to try bleeding them on the bench. Put the brake lever onto a spare handle bar mounted in a vise (or clamped to the bench somehow) and elevate the calipers higher than the master cylinder. I find this helps to prime the cylinder and generally goes quicker.

I loaded it for Bogie this weekend!

Woot Woot, last days of the year.

Awesome! Have fun (rhetorical, I know. haha) :)

Last night I looked at my bike, wiggled around the bent titanium mid-pipe, sighed, and walked away. LOL :(

You might want to try bleeding them on the bench. Put the brake lever onto a spare handle bar mounted in a vise (or clamped to the bench somehow) and elevate the calipers higher than the master cylinder. I find this helps to prime the cylinder and generally goes quicker.
Issue solved, for some reason the first piston closest to in line was stuck out. Since it wouldn't pump in and out air was trapped in the first of 6 pistons, never allowing it to bleed the air out. Swapped back old caliper bleed fine. Ready for TMP track day on 13th.

Looked at it...
Realized I'm done for the season due to other prior commitments....
Next step - swap water wetter for antifreeze... sigh.

Kellen I met the "older sibling" at the DDT track on Monday, guy said he has bought the ninja from you.

Kellen I met the "older sibling" at the DDT track on Monday, guy said he has bought the ninja from you.

Great day on Monday!

.... other than only getting about 10 laps in. Bloody ignition gremlins. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom