What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014

Corsara...sounds to me like you just need to find 2 other dudes to endurance race your bike with you.
Way cheaper than trackdays or sprint racing.

1 set of scrubs per race.
$250 entry fee
$50 in fuel
3 riders to share travel and sleeping/eating costs.....and excellent track time. Way better quality track time than trackdays by a mile......once you chop it up 3 ways, it is way more affordable.

Corsara...sounds to me like you just need to find 2 other dudes to endurance race your bike with you.
Way cheaper than trackdays or sprint racing.

1 set of scrubs per race.
$250 entry fee
$50 in fuel
3 riders to share travel and sleeping/eating costs.....and excellent track time. Way better quality track time than trackdays by a mile......once you chop it up 3 ways, it is way more affordable.

I understand. But money is not the only problem, in fact, I can sustain that. Time away from the kids, using up the vacation days and not addressing house concerns in time because of that magnet in the garage...it all adds up. I realized that last summer I spent most of my vacation days being at the track, most of the weekends working on the bike, and most of the evenings reading online stuff, reading books about bikes, posting on GTAM.......watching countless track videos... the worst thing is that I hardly even noticed I've been "away" so much...but others did, and it affects them. Said simply, I've been selfish with this, take this summer---I had tons of fun while other people I deeply care about---barely had any. Now I have even more family stuff coming into my life, which will require both a lot more of my money, and also time. No, it's not a 3rd kid, it's slightly different but just as major, if not even more. So, unfortunately, the best thing to do is to stop now. But I'll come back, the love for the sport and the memory of the adrenaline rush won't fade.

I understand. But money is not the only problem, in fact, I can sustain that. Time away from the kids, using up the vacation days and not addressing house concerns in time because of that magnet in the garage...it all adds up. I realized that last summer I spent most of my vacation days being at the track, most of the weekends working on the bike, and most of the evenings reading online stuff, reading books about bikes, posting on GTAM.......watching countless track videos... the worst thing is that I hardly even noticed I've been "away" so much...but others did, and it affects them. Said simply, I've been selfish with this, take this summer---I had tons of fun while other people I deeply care about---barely had any. Now I have even more family stuff coming into my life, which will require both a lot more of my money, and also time. No, it's not a 3rd kid, it's slightly different but just as major, if not even more. So, unfortunately, the best thing to do is to stop now. But I'll come back, the love for the sport and the memory of the adrenaline rush won't fade.

I get the same thoughts every now and again especially with a kid on the way. There's plenty of other things I could of/should have spent my time money doing instead of racing and I do feel guilty about it but my wife supports me %100 and without that I wouldn't be able to do it mentally.

Back on track. I've got quite a bit done but I've been sidetracked with a snowmobile project (rocks suck) so I'll update my build shortly.

I bring my whole family with me.....every race weekend is like a family get together, and a campout all in one. My kids and pets are excited before every race weekend.

We're already discussing what age is appropriate to have the baby there. I figure 6 months old as long as we keep earmuffs on them and keep them away from the fumes that a day there will be manageable. Next year will be full weekends.

I moved the bike form the left side to the right side of the garage

IMG_00000046.jpg

We're already discussing what age is appropriate to have the baby there. I figure 6 months old as long as we keep earmuffs on them and keep them away from the fumes that a day there will be manageable. Next year will be full weekends.

First of all, congrats! Secondly, it's gonna be your first I suppose? When the baby is 6 months old, your wife would have accumulated about 6 months of sleep deprivation. Not saying you won't take your 6 month old to the track, but you might be the only one taking the baby there by yourself, and no doubt your wife will fully support you about that, especially that she'd be getting the much needed sleep in the meantime, haha ;)

I wouldn't say that my wife ever supported my hobby, but she never really gave me any grief about it either. The decision to quit for now is not forced on me, it's really something I've decided on my own.

I moved the bike form the left side to the right side of the garage

IMG_00000046.jpg

Hey, that's where I'm going to put my new Dunlop and Pro6 stickers. You pre-copied me. haha...

Nice work on the move, looks good.

Frame dropped off at the weld shop today to fix a small temp fix after a tumble at mosport, ordered a motion-pro quickturn and engine being dropped off at the shop tomorrow for a little freshening up and to free up a few more ponies ;)......good start and more to come.

First of all, congrats! Secondly, it's gonna be your first I suppose? When the baby is 6 months old, your wife would have accumulated about 6 months of sleep deprivation. Not saying you won't take your 6 month old to the track, but you might be the only one taking the baby there by yourself, and no doubt your wife will fully support you about that, especially that she'd be getting the much needed sleep in the meantime, haha ;)

I wouldn't say that my wife ever supported my hobby, but she never really gave me any grief about it either. The decision to quit for now is not forced on me, it's really something I've decided on my own.
His wife is freaking awesome, she puts on his warmers, takes them off and takes care of a lot of stuff on the pits and married him even when he is ugly

Last edited:
His wife is freaking awesome, she puts on his warmers, takes them off and takes care of a lot of stuff on the pits and married him even when he is ugly

Lol I wondered why my modeling career never really took off.

I'm probably going to starve (but I'm sure she'll have food prepared and ready for me to take), have twice as much work getting setup, and I'll have to operate my rear stand without her there. I've only been to one track day without her and she's there every race weekend. She enjoys it as much as I do....maybe.

Put the shock back into my Ninja today. While putting the settings back to what I'd written down I realised that I have a triple clicker! I didn't realise it before, so didn't have the high speed compression damping setting written down. Hopefully it's not too brutal now, but I'm excited that I have better hardware than I thought!

mounted a new-ish front supercorsa, and picked a bunch of soybeans out of a rim. Big thanks to an anonymous person that rides an 07 ZX6R, an 06 YZ250F and an 04 GSXR 1000. Not saying who though ;)

Last edited:
Picked up a slipper clutch, harness and new floppy levers and tossed em on bench beside bike.

Still not interested in it, also thinking if packing it in. Booked the trackdays though, hopefully my attitude changes.

Picked up a slipper clutch, harness and new floppy levers and tossed em on bench beside bike.

Still not interested in it, also thinking if packing it in. Booked the trackdays though, hopefully my attitude changes.

Warm weather might change your mind set.

Lots of people saying quits.

I told my kids this week that this is my last year of racing.

Back
Top Bottom