What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014 | Page 21 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014

Dave Noble hooked me up with a brand new set of boots-212s.

I wanna put the shiny new wheels on just to see them on but the forks still need to be pulled and sent to Sharrard. Patience is not a strong point for me- grr

Last edited:
Its a 2006, last one with the long stroke

Bike is ready, just needs some tuning love from Z1 and very small details including the numbers

10248865_10151918462081191_1225488914_n.jpg

10250704_10151918462086191_1969005983_n.jpg

Ah ok I saw you trying to mount that Akra can, and it reminded me I have a brand new SS elbow and the carbon fiber hanger bracket from a GSXR system new in the package...I bought it for the can only, so I have all those parts lying around doing nothing...Thought you might be able to use them

Ah ok I saw you trying to mount that Akra can, and it reminded me I have a brand new SS elbow and the carbon fiber hanger bracket from a GSXR system new in the package...I bought it for the can only, so I have all those parts lying around doing nothing...Thought you might be able to use them
PM'ed you - Thanks

Last edited:
Received my Spare mid pipe and Exhaust can, thanks Dave from Competition Cycle - You don't need them until you need them
IMG_20140424_212350.jpg

Over the easter weekend:
-Safety Wired almost everything
-Front tire mounted
-New mid-pipe installed
-Fresh brake fluid
-Got all the bodywork primed
-Got the front fender and upper painted
-Completely botched the tail. Need to sand down and start again
-Relocated all electronics to the battery box thanks to the Ballistic Evo being tiny. Now able to actually use the stock seat.

Still to do:
-Repaint tail, paint lower
-New rear tire
-Brake guard and shark fin

The light at the end of the tunnel is clearly visible

Have the bike in for some suspension work right now. Once it is back still have to mount new rubber, change the throttle tube, give it a full once over to ensure nothing is loose from the previous owner and a few other little things.

Sprayed the second colour on the bodywork. So far I've coloured the right side of my face red and now white (black to be added mon/tues). Ordered new chain/sprockets. Picking up another set of GPA's as well and added 5hp (rim tape!).

Painted R6 lowers. Ordered new sliders and Vortex footpegs.

3 done. 2 bikes to go.

Installed the new Hindle exhaust. Fit up was simple enough and I'm pleased with the fit and finish of the system.

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

Started installing the Bazzaz ZFi TC!

Due to a delivery mixup the one I ordered back in February was for the wrong bike then the distributor was out of stock... Soooooo with some coaxing from Fawaz / Speedworx they were able to interrupt their normal production at Bazzaz and make one just for me. Up until now Bazzaz has required the use of either a push or pull sensor for the QS but they have switched to a strain gauge sensor now so one unit does both GP and standard shift.

So far I am quite impressed with how easy the install has been. There's a lot of stuff to connect and you'll need the airbox completely off but beyond that the install is fairly straight forward.

Due to a delivery mixup the one I ordered back in February was for the wrong bike then the distributor was out of stock... Soooooo with some coaxing from Fawaz / Speedworx they were able to interrupt their normal production at Bazzaz and make one just for me. Up until now Bazzaz has required the use of either a push or pull sensor for the QS but they have switched to a strain gauge sensor now so one unit does both GP and standard shift.

So far I am quite impressed with how easy the install has been. There's a lot of stuff to connect and you'll need the airbox completely off but beyond that the install is fairly straight forward.
Could I retrofit my Bazzaz ZFi TC with the new Gauge sensor? do you know?

It sure adds a mess of wiring under there going between all 8 injectors the coils and crank sensor.

The "advanced" or "pro" (can't remember what it's called) TC map that's on the newest software actually works quite well. You'll probably find a few tweaks that can be made but you said you weren't much of a tire spinner before so it will probably interfere very little. I'd suggest getting the light to indicate the TC is working, it really helps to let you know if it's actually working and helps with tuning. It's blue and bright enough that you can see it in your peripheral vision while riding.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom