What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014 | Page 61 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014

Just finished drilling and painting my Armour Bodies for the zx6r. Used the original bolts to fix it to the bike and zip ties in some areas.

Any suggestions for quick release clips or something? I feel worse case should the bike go down the bolts would just tear the Armour Bodies apart.View attachment 36602View attachment 36603

Bluestreak sells some quick release clips. Not all that cheap however
https://bluestreakracing.ca/bolts-fasteners/dzus-fastener-kit.html?___SID=U

That is a typical price for bodywork fasteners. We should all be happy that, so far, Tony has managed to maintain his great prices despite our weak dollar.

Just finished drilling and painting my Armour Bodies for the zx6r. Used the original bolts to fix it to the bike and zip ties in some areas.

Any suggestions for quick release clips or something? I feel worse case should the bike go down the bolts would just tear the Armour Bodies apart.View attachment 36602View attachment 36603

Dzus fastners and try and make it so you only need one size Allen key/wrench/socket to remove anything that needs a bolt. There's nothing worse than having to drag out a full tool kit to take off bodywork. At worst case make it all Allen head bolts so it's just an Allen key set.

That is a typical price for bodywork fasteners. We should all be happy that, so far, Tony has managed to maintain his great prices despite our weak dollar.

Sorry that was not supposed to come across as an issue with Tony's pricing at all. I am glad he has managed to keep his prices where they are. That was more of an issue with industry pricing for 6 fasteners. Even sportbike track gear sells them for 30 USD so Bluestreak is your cheapest bet

Yeah I know you weren't hacking Tony, I just wanted to make the same point you just did. Basically don't waste your time trying to find them cheaper online and then end up paying 25% exchange and getting slammed by some import BS. LOL...

Thanks Guys! I've bought a lot of my race parts from Tony and Leah at BlueStreak without issues and good pricing.

+1 for good Canadian company with excellent service and knowledge.

I'll check out the DZUS parts and thanks again for the advice.

Last night I put the repaired bodywork back on. Had to drill a few mounting holes and used a new set of Dzus fasteners. It all still fits. I'm taking the fender to the paint guy at Napa to have them match it and mix up a rattle can for touch-ups.

16996826712_d039ea08e2_o.jpg

Last edited:
Forgot to add that I finally drilled some holes in the silencer pipe so hopefully it will be able to pass Calabogie testing. Didn't run it last night but I'll test it out on the weekend.

I'll take some pictures of what I've done and post them. Running it this weekend will be a simple back to back "Yeah, it seems quieter, I guess..." kind of test. A few friends have SPL meters that I can borrow but to do it right I'd have to trailer the bike somewhere open. Too many houses reflecting the sound invalidating the results.

Ordered a full set of hybrid ceramic wheel bearings (couldn't find anyone making full ceramics, lol), tapered steering head bearing and new chain/sprockets (went -2/+4 this time so I can exercise my gears more on the tiny tracks I run, top speed 275kph). It's going to Sharrard for the install and usual maint, fork fluid flush, etc.

Last edited:
Wheeling on track is annoying, I want to get a rear hand brake to stop it. I think it was sarcasm on Tim's part

For sure it was ;)

I like wheelies, anytime, anywhere, but I very rarely do them at the track. Just slows you down. I only do it on my victory laps at track days LOL

Ah yes that is exactly the one. I used it on my bike when it was Dave's. I am no Jodi and can't manage to put my foot on the rear brake coming out of the hair pin at Shannonville. Not in a rush to do it but sometime before the end of the year will be installed.
Like one of these?

It's still not hooked up or mounted yet. It's a slow process.

Ah yes that is exactly the one. I used it on my bike when it was Dave's. I am no Jodi and can't manage to put my foot on the rear brake coming out of the hair pin at Shannonville. Not in a rush to do it but sometime before the end of the year will be installed.

It's actually pretty easy once you get used to it. You don't need your foot on it right away because your rpms are so low. It's as you're standing the bike up to really get on the power you need it. Do it a hundred times and you'll get it :)

Wheeling on track is annoying, I want to get a rear hand brake to stop it. I think it was sarcasm on Tim's part
Why can't you use your regular foot rear brake? If I'm trying to pass an equally powered bike on the straight I'll use my rear brake to keep the front down while I hold the throttle wide open, works sweet.

leaning angle to the right
Why can't you use your regular foot rear brake? If I'm trying to pass an equally powered bike on the straight I'll use my rear brake to keep the front down while I hold the throttle wide open, works sweet.

Back
Top Bottom