What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014 | Page 20 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014

I did some bodywork sanding too!

Also opened up the box from Hindle. I'll install the new exhaust soon, but the clutch goes back in first. Maybe Sunday?

Mine is down to bare bones, swing arm and sub frame get switched today. Fingers crossed it doesn't give me too hard of a time.

Once everything is off its amazing how pathetic it looks.

Rolled it back into the house yesterday. She was getting chilly in the garage.

It is.

Good news is I can almost put the bike back together in my sleep by now.

Rattle-canning the fairings at the moment and the sticker fairy arrived to cover up anything I screw up (I know I'll go faster if I'm not worried about wrecking an expensive paint job). Bike is on the trailer ready for the new shock, suspension baseline and a full going over tomorrow at a friends.

Rattle-canning the fairings at the moment and the sticker fairy arrived to cover up anything I screw up (I know I'll go faster if I'm not worried about wrecking an expensive paint job). Bike is on the trailer ready for the new shock, suspension baseline and a full going over tomorrow at a friends.

Im sure you'll **** it up ;-)

nice! I now have white walled snow tires for the same reason, lol.

Oh I'm sure I will :). Too cold to paint outside so I made a booth in the basement. Looks like Santa exploded down there (first colour red).

6uza6aqe.jpg

Thanks to Blue Streak Racing. Changing tires are no longer an issue.

Sent from my imaginary friend

Nice! Congrats. I love my NoMar classic. Paid for itself in no time.

I repacked the exhaust on the ZX today... It's not any quieter. LOL

Last edited:
I unpacked mine, it's not any louder!
Nice! Congrats. I love my NoMar classic. Paid for itself in no time.

I repacked the exhaust on the ZX today... It's not any quieter. LOL

I was all ready to install my new Hindle, then I realized I am all out of high temp sealant... so I didn't make it too far with that.

Sanded bodywork instead. Almost ready for paint.

Taped up bodywork to get ready for second colour. Installed R6 throttle tube.

Continued to hate the bodywork in this bike. Stupid gas tank cover. Why can't the sides of the gas tank be where you clamp your legs on instead of more plastic panels? If I use oem parts there's 3 pieces that need to be removed to take the tank off, this way it's one big piece with 4 bolts except it's is trying to break itself on the tank mounting bolts that are underneath. More problem solving of stuff that shouldn't be a problem. Stupid bodywork.

Continued to hate the bodywork in this bike. Stupid gas tank cover. Why can't the sides of the gas tank be where you clamp your legs on instead of more plastic panels? If I use oem parts there's 3 pieces that need to be removed to take the tank off, this way it's one big piece with 4 bolts except it's is trying to break itself on the tank mounting bolts that are underneath. More problem solving of stuff that shouldn't be a problem. Stupid bodywork.

Brand so I can avoid?

Brand so I can avoid?

Don't worry, the tank cover is sourced from Germany as no major brands make a tank cover for a new gen zx10. No idea why but I guess they assume that people are willing to replace $500 worth of oem panels in a major crash. The rest of the bodywork is hotbodies and they fit ok, just a bit of problem solving. They won't hold up in a crash but they'll do for now, even the tank cover is paper thin.

Back
Top Bottom