What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014 | Page 82 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014

Re: What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2015

I think wanting more features but also wanting it simple and reliable is somewhat contradictory. Do you have any electronic add-ons yet? If not, then for sure you have more options to cover multiple features.

What are you guys/gals running for kill times? I know every bike/trans will have a different sweet spot, however still interested to see what others use.

I'm using a PCIII so I can only cut gas for one universal setting for all gears. With 75ms cut and WOT high RPM shifts, I get a nice smooth shift for 2-3 & 3-4, but 4-5 and 5-6 may need a quicker cut.

I'm not using QS for 1-2 or short shifts. Having 1 cut setting doesn't work well across the board.

I've been able to select different cut times for each gear with the kawasaki Kit ecu or the Bazzaz.

Cut times where 80, 70, 60, 50, 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you guys/gals running for kill times? I know every bike/trans will have a different sweet spot, however still interested to see what others use.

I'm using a PCIII so I can only cut gas for one universal setting for all gears. With 75ms cut and WOT high RPM shifts, I get a nice smooth shift for 2-3 & 3-4, but 4-5 and 5-6 may need a quicker cut.

I'm not using QS for 1-2 or short shifts. Having 1 cut setting doesn't work well across the board.

We have 75ms as well on our endurance bike (03/04 R1) with the Annitori QS Pro, but with my Bazzaz on my superbike I am able to setup each gear with independent cut times which is one of the features I really like. I think my cut times are the same or very similar to Caboose, can't remember (2006 GSXR 1000).

Last edited:

Good to know. At least my setting isn't out to lunch. Caboose's #'s show that there's a big difference that works for 1-2 and 5-6.

Safety wired and removed kickstand. What a ****ing pain in the *** sw'ing is.

New clutch. Maybe now the bike will lift the front tire (buuuuut I doubt it at my weight).

Today I put on a new Chinese windscreen. The old one was quite tall and flimsy so it would shake a lot at high speeds. The new one is much more rigid.

hey guys, 2005 cbr600rr had it for a while nothing special to it. i installed a jardine exhaust and vortex rearset a long while ago. But this past week had racetech springs installed in front got a used elka 3 stage for the rear put a new spring also installed a 2008 R1 brake master cylinder got z1 to do all that for me. also a 46 rear sprocket and 15 in front. cant wait for shannonville.

finally got mine put together.... first trackday of '15 coming up... woot!

Nice! Better late than never ;)

Today I removed the swingarm to take it over to Fast Company to have the spool mount welded back on. I found that the castle nut lock nut was missing from the swingarm pivot! Not cool.

Today I removed the swingarm to take it over to Fast Company to have the spool mount welded back on. I found that the castle nut lock nut was missing from the swingarm pivot! Not cool.
Wow! If the pivot worked it's way out while you were riding... yikes.

Wow! If the pivot worked it's way out while you were riding... yikes.

Yeah, no kidding. I'm guessing there was a pretty slim chance of that happening based on how hard it was to crack loose the nut on the other side, but still...

I guess that means your swing arm bearings haven't been inspected/greased....tisk tisk.

Let's see... beat up the shock, beat up the clutch, beat up the brake shoes, beat up the tires, beat up the valvetrain, beat up the bearings... she's pretty much tired out after this weekend. Or maybe that wasn't the point of the thread...

I guess that means your swing arm bearings haven't been inspected/greased....tisk tisk.

All true, my bad. I'll be greasing them before it all goes back together for sure. Honestly when I saw that nut missing I thought of you, and thought "If he knew I found this he'd think 'Wow, dude never totally dismantled his bike when he got it?'" haha...

Let's see... beat up the shock, beat up the clutch, beat up the brake shoes, beat up the tires, beat up the valvetrain, beat up the bearings... she's pretty much tired out after this weekend. Or maybe that wasn't the point of the thread...

No, I don't think that's the point. Post a lap time to make it all better. LOL :p

All true, my bad. I'll be greasing them before it all goes back together for sure. Honestly when I saw that nut missing I thought of you, and thought "If he knew I found this he'd think 'Wow, dude never totally dismantled his bike when he got it?'" haha...

HAHA! Now that's funny!

Well if one person learns the value of getting intimate with a machine they're trusting their life with I've done something right. I'm actually looking foreward to doing a full disassemble/service this winter. Things are a bit dirty from riding in the rain and I want them clean again.

No, I don't think that's the point. Post a lap time to make it all better. LOL :p

They were crap. :) But just about everyone had crap lap times this weekend, next to no practice. Oh wait, I did have to re-weld my subframe which cracked from vibration saturday afternoon, does that count?

Back
Top Bottom