What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014 | Page 75 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014

How did you fix the exhaust collar issue? Did you steal from the back up bike?

The bike with the exhaust issue is the other one. It is not fixed, I do in fact have the wrong parts so I have to either order the proper flange from someone that sells Jolly Moto or just get a new set since the Jolly motos are pretty banged up anyway. I did get a chance to run that bike last year so I have an idea of things that it needs, but I really wanted to get this blue one out and see how it runs.

The bike with the exhaust issue is the other one. It is not fixed, I do in fact have the wrong parts so I have to either order the proper flange from someone that sells Jolly Moto or just get a new set since the Jolly motos are pretty banged up anyway. I did get a chance to run that bike last year so I have an idea of things that it needs, but I really wanted to get this blue one out and see how it runs.
Ahhh... the only thing better than a two stroke is 2 two strokes!
Maybe you can get the Jolly Moto aluminium flanges machined, possibly have a grove put in for o-rings for better sealing.
Somewhere like http://www.alienracing.net might be able to do it for you. Could GabrielV can give you some dimensions?

Dropped off the zx10 to accelerated technologies last night, painting the bodywork today, and hopefully picking up the Gsxr from z1 after its fresh break-in and tune.

It doesn't matter how much work you do in the off season, May is a scramble to get everything done.

Ahhh... the only thing better than a two stroke is 2 two strokes!
Maybe you can get the Jolly Moto aluminium flanges machined, possibly have a grove put in for o-rings for better sealing.
Somewhere like http://www.alienracing.net might be able to do it for you. Could GabrielV can give you some dimensions?

Thanks for that link. I has not heard about them. They seem like a good shop to know when you have a two stroke!

Re: What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2015

Installed new D211 GP-A rear for 'Bogie in 2 weeks!

Painted......all weekend......still not done.

All I did was find out my headgasket is toast! At least I got 2 full days in @ Mosport before it went. Now it's disassembly time.

Replaced the battery and got Gator Performance in Ajax to bend the rearset back in place and give the bike a look over after my crash. As always a big thanks to Ken and the guys at Gator Performance.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Got a new Mikeymoto Carbon Fiber rear rotor installed and a Mikeymoto brake lever guard too! EDIT: Oh yeah, new chain and sprockets too, -2/+5, top speed 269km/h,

2015-05-27-Mikeymoto_carbon_fiber_rotor.jpg

2015-05-27-Mikeymoto_brake_lever_guard.jpg

Did my first track day at TMP with them last Thursday. CF rotor works great on the grass, tested it twice :)

Last edited:

Did you have to replace the rotor because of that one use?

Did you have to replace the rotor because of that one use?
Nope, just wanted the weight savings to shatter my old lap times.

The old "lightweight" Mikeymoto rotor is still in "as new" condition, why, you want it?

The stock/OEM rotor (slightly worn) weighed 816g or 1.8lbs, the Mikeymoto light weight rotor weighed 358g or .8lbs and the new super fancy Carbon Fiber Rotor weighed in at a mind blowing 110g or .24lbs!!!

Nope, just wanted the weight savings to shatter my old lap times.

The old "lightweight" Mikeymoto rotor is still in "as new" condition, why, you want it?

The stock/OEM rotor (slightly worn) weighed 816g or 1.8lbs, the Mikeymoto light weight rotor weighed 358g or .8lbs and the new super fancy Carbon Fiber Rotor weighed in at a mind blowing 110g or .24lbs!!!
Sorry I thought you meant you replaced the CF rotor with a new CF rotor after using it in the grass. My bad

Sorry I thought you meant you replaced the CF rotor with a new CF rotor after using it in the grass. My bad
Ohhhhhhh. I see what you meant, whops, read your question wrong :)

Yeah, that was my first time running the CF rotor, I was using his lightweight steel rotor before (which like I said, was in as-new condition when I removed it).

I had brand new OEM pads installed at the same time as the CF rotor as not to groove it or be overly aggressive on the CF. When I load it on my "trailer" the rotor is 1" from my face and I didn't really notice any wear. I didn't run my fingernail across it but visually I couldn't see any. Next time I'm near the bike I'll give it a fingernail drag and snap a photo for ya.

Last edited:

You'll never hit 269km/h with that gear ratio, I don't care what your calculator says.

You'll never hit 269km/h with that gear ratio, I don't care what your calculator says.
It's funny when everyone says that! "Your bike can't do 300, it'll never get there!" haha, $120 later $$$ :D How much you wanna put down that says she won't hit 269km/h (with that gear ratio)? Remember I'm not using the stock size tires, and not the stock rev limiter :D

Last edited:

It's funny when everyone says that! "Your bike can't do 300, it'll never get there!" haha, $120 later $$$ :D How much you wanna put down that says she won't hit 269km/h (with that gear ratio)? Remember I'm not using the stock size tires, and not the stock rev limiter :D

There's no tire big enough and your motor won't hit 16,000rpm. With that gearing your not hitting 270.

At timmies he does

There's no tire big enough and your motor won't hit 16,000rpm. With that gearing your not hitting 270.
I know you said not to trust the calculator, but it can't be that far off, can it?!?

minus2_plus5_2007_r1.png

Ok, so I watched a ton of my laps from TMP last thursday, when I hit the rev limiter in 3rd gear on the front straight (before shifting to 4th) my high accuracy GPS says I was doing between 192.9km/h to 194.1km/h each time, so for sure it looks accurate to the calculations. I hit the rev limiter a lot because it was my first day with the new gearing, and having no RPM gauge didn't help :). My telemetry says I didn't hit the rev limiter in 4th gear at all that day.

Last edited:

Are you ever going to buy fairings?
Why? It doesn't get too windy at SMP, TMP or RDT. At mosport or bogie I'd probably have to remove my tank mounted camera so I could get low enough to stop the wind from blowing me off :)

The better question is if I'm ever going to buy TRACK fairings. I already have a brand new set of OEM bodywork, fairing stay, headlights, etc. but I don't really want to install that then keep taking it to track days. I guess I should order some track bodywork, a nice painted up "one time use" set from China maybe.

EDIT: Hmmm, only one headlight hole covered? Freaky: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Yes2yeah-Inj...Y32-/141678695064?hash=item20fcb55298&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom