What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014 | Page 83 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014

Re: What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2015

146.0 here. Not so crappy

True the pros were on form. That's why they're not still slugging it out with us amateurs...!

BTW Jim, maybe I'm wrong, but where I was standing during a couple races by 14, it sounded like you have/had a wheel bearing going bad.

Last edited:

The sbk race was fun to watch until mr #171 decided to take off. Congrats on the win and the championship!!

He does that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably hearing fcr's clacking. They make a lot of noise.

I pulled the #44 off the R6 so that I can place #112.

Got my swingarm back on Friday. Today I greased all the suspension pivots but still waiting on a new seal for the main swingarm pivot as the old one has a small rip in it.

Is that somthing to do with your power commander or do you just need your injectors cleaned?

"Power commander"?

"Injectors"?

On topic ... I changed the oil in my race bike, drained the remaining fuel out of the tank, then ran the engine until the carburetors were empty, and parked it in its winter parking spot in the shop.

Full time coach/mechanic role is calling

You already had those jobs, as well as full time cook, driver, crew, sponsor, and racer. What, you getting lazy or something?

Me and my buddy Max bought track bikes today. I plan to tear the Honda apart and get it powder coated top to bottom to display at the bike show this year in a booth for brightside customs. I help a buddy run a powder coating shop as a side gig and this will be a good winter project to promote the business.

Can not WAIT for next season. Im so happy I dont have to put my baby, R6 (beatrix) at risk of low or highsiding at the track anymore, and clear my mind of fear of falling on my daily rider.

Thanks Cindy and Dwayne for the great deal today. Youre cool **** and see you guys at the track next year :D

PS, her name is Dita ;)

Me and my buddy Max bought track bikes today. I plan to tear the Honda apart and get it powder coated top to bottom to display at the bike show this year in a booth for brightside customs. I help a buddy run a powder coating shop as a side gig and this will be a good winter project to promote the business.

Can not WAIT for next season. Im so happy I dont have to put my baby, R6 (beatrix) at risk of low or highsiding at the track anymore, and clear my mind of fear of falling on my daily rider.

Thanks Cindy and Dwayne for the great deal today. Youre cool **** and see you guys at the track next year :D

Congrats! If the powder coating isn't going to cost you a lot, go for it. Otherwise, I'd strongly suggest you put that money elsewhere. What does your bike have for brakes? Suspension? Spares?

the powder is costing nothing but my time and dirty finger nails :)

brakes are OEM with braided lines. Suspension is also stock, but I have to put heavier springs on it because its setup for 130 lbs at the moment. I would like to spend money in that department and upgrade. I really dont even know where to begin looking for that upgrade to be honest.

It did come with lots of spare parts, spare race fairings, second set of front and rear wheels with rotors, and a box of stuff I havent even went thru yet including new brake pads, some OEM parts that were taken off (sprockets and such).

It has a power commander, but its not even hooked up.

Installed the repaired swing arm on the Ninja. Installed the exhaust system with the repaired elbow. Improved the mounting of the can at the tail so it's much more solid now. Filled the fuel tanks with stabilized Shell 91 (ZX6R, GSXR, generator and lawn mower) and ran them for a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom