Hit air motorcycle jacket | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hit air motorcycle jacket

$400 is cheap. Better spent here than a $1500 helmet.

This tech was credited with saving Marquez's life. He hit the track at >25G (that's the max the sensors could record).

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/marquez+crash+telemetry

If I had a $1500 helmet I would agree and it's definatly a good piece of kit but I was just giving my reason why I don't have one and quite a few others. $400 doesn't sound like much but setup a race season and see how quick money dissapears. With very little sponsorship/contingency money many guys are on a shoe string budget and that $400 is entry/practice fees for a weekend and gas in the truck. It could also mean you don't miss work on Monday because you were wearing it when you went down.

I'd rather have it if I went down I think specially with the wife on the back or riding next to me. Been reading up on it and I think I'll be getting 2 for sure once I find a retailer that can get them unless I find it online cheaper in the next week or so

I owned vest for few years now. It is high vis, it comes on top of any other protection you have so it is not taking anything away. It will not inflate if you try to walk away. I never had it activate so I can not comment on function but I I'm glad I have it. I think it is good investment and hopefully never necessary.

I'd rather have it if I went down I think specially with the wife on the back or riding next to me. Been reading up on it and I think I'll be getting 2 for sure once I find a retailer that can get them unless I find it online cheaper in the next week or so

You can find these on eBay direct from Japan. The full jackets run around $650. Vests are less.

"it tookthe Alpinestars suit just a quarter of one tenth of a second to detect that therider was falling. This ensured the airbag had already been deployed for eighthundreds of a second by the time Marquez sustained his first hefty blow withthe ground."

Wow that is impressive!

The Alpinestars system is over $3K, it has to be much faster deployment for racing speeds.

[video=youtube;YwdwfBYb6vw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwdwfBYb6vw[/video]

Air bags for motorcycle racing has been as big as HANS devices for auto racing.

Not sure if my memory is failing or not, but I seem to remember Fawaz having these at his shop.

From what I've heard the alpinestars suit isn't available in North America.

There seems to be enough evidence to suggest their usefulness, from what I've read. I don't think accidental inflation is really an issue from the various threads out there. I'm surprised it isn't being picked up quicker, all things considered. It's a fancy gadget that allows you to take sides in a flame war, precisely what riders love:

"Only idiots would ride without an Alpinestars vest!"

"No way, that's Chinese junk, get the Dainese!"

"Mind your own business, vest-nazi!"

I've had this one for the past 2 seasons http://www.hit-air.ca/jacket_motorrad.html . No accidental inflation despite forgetting about the tether many times. It offers the same protection as most other jackets via the armour, but has the added protection of the airbag. The material of this one is a little lighter weight than other jackets i've had, and really is not waterproof. Other than that, it's a great jacket, and very well vented. I wear it on all but the crazy hot days, and switch to mesh for those. I got it for $400 usd, so on par with any quality jacket.

I have had my vest for over a year & 20,000 kms (and 5 track days). Wouldn't even consider not wearing while ridng. Rico, I am in Kanata if you ever travel east and want to look at it
Dan

I have had my vest for over a year & 20,000 kms (and 5 track days). Wouldn't even consider not wearing while ridng. Rico, I am in Kanata if you ever travel east and want to look at it
Dan

thanks I might take you up on that later on

Thanks for this thread DO WANT

To Those of you that have this thing: How'd you decide which Hit-Air vest to purchase? And if it never goes off accidentally (a good thing, I agree, but), how do you know it'll work when it needs to?

Thanks for this thread DO WANT

To Those of you that have this thing: How'd you decide which Hit-Air vest to purchase? And if it never goes off accidentally (a good thing, I agree, but), how do you know it'll work when it needs to?

The jackets are in addition to the usual padding and abrasion fabric. The worst that can happen is that you are as protected as any other jacket. the easiest thing to do is just buy the vest for over-top another jacket.

I think I've just been convinced to buy one too..
As long as this isn't more than 1000, It's definitely something I'm interested in. Just incase it might be useful to me too... ( ciz noone ever plans on going down )

I think I've just been convinced to buy one too..
As long as this isn't more than 1000, It's definitely something I'm interested in. Just incase it might be useful to me too... ( ciz noone ever plans on going down )

$430 on Ebay, ranges to $750.

$T2eC16RHJH8E9qSEVoDdBReqprB6fg~~60_12.GIF

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/AIR-BAG-JACK...parel_Merchandise&hash=item3a84239e27&vxp=mtr

Vest might be the better choice. It works with any jacket you have and that way it will be much more versatile than this jacket. I never saw it but just because company makes good air bag system that does not make them authority on jackets. I buy best fitting jacket I can afford and put vest on top... It works from mesh jacket to heavy touring ones... cheers!

$400 is cheap. Better spent here than a $1500 helmet.

This tech was credited with saving Marquez's life. He hit the track at >25G (that's the max the sensors could record).

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/marquez+crash+telemetry

The vest inferno is referring to and dricked is commenting on will not save your helmet in most crashes, and the tech they use in motogp has nothing to do with the vest inferno and dricked are talking about.

Very different technology in a $400 vest that is used on top of a track suit and the 2000+ track suit that has sensor and inflates within the track suit.

I've been thinking about acquiring one of these jackets for a few years now. Never pulled the trigger on one though. I've never actually seen one in person either, I think I would want to try one on before I would purchase it. I would be in for a group buy too if the price was decent.

Back
Top Bottom