Hit air motorcycle jacket | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hit air motorcycle jacket

They rely on you being separated from the bike to deploy, and once they inflate, they deflate. They are good for primary impact, but not secondary impact.
So, low-side slow hanging on, will not likely deploy. Fast fall-off, will help on when you hit the tarmac, but not if you hit anything else. I'd like to see proper test data.
MotoGP riders use them, but those systems cost over 3 grand.

I can see forgetting you are tethered and doing a blowfish by mistake.

300x199xSize-of-a-Blowfish-300x199.jpg.pagespeed.ic.CEb-1Js86Z.jpg

Ill try posting a vid later on it, it said it requires so much pressure or something to deploy to avoid the blowfish scenarios. Wouldn't the primary protection be better than getting the primary and secondary if any without any protection at all? It also has a neck inflation area so your neck doesn't move with helmet on along with a spinal inflation area. Here is the vid

http://youtu.be/hyiLPj94BBQ

http://youtu.be/kj8v-hEcIWg

Last edited:
Depends what you are comparing, this jacket versus T-shirt, or this jacket, versus an armoured jacket with back protector.

If it is too bulky, you won't likely want to wear it in warm weather.

youtube link is to an ad.

Here's a vid of some guys goofing around with it.

[video=youtube;6FxNh6Z-mTM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FxNh6Z-mTM[/video]

Last edited:
Dont have the jacket but do have the vest that goes over my leathers.

Some people shouldnt comment on something they know zero about.

The vest inflates upon exiting motorcycle, and stays inflated long enough (25 seconds) for all initial/secondary impacts. It will deflate itself, and as long as an air bag isnt destroyed you can load up another CO2 cartridge and away you go again.

If you forget to unplug yourself from your bike, it will not set itself off. It takes a certain amount of pressure to fire off.
I have been running this system for 2 +years now. Seen it go off down at Jennings Gp at a track day, and the guy said it saved him big time and would never ride without it again.

Its a nice added piece of protection for racers/track day guys or just average street riders.

This vid addresses the blowfish problem, it takes 35kg of force. So that's not an issue. Seems to hold pressure long enough for secondary collision.
This is different than the ones I saw a few years ago that deflated like a car airbag.

Overall..probably better than some pricey Italian jacket. I'd like to see some stats from actual users.

how much are they?

[video=youtube;01bKe-W03GM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01bKe-W03GM[/video]

Last edited:
Thanks infornobuster. The cost of one is almost the same as leather jackets so for the added protection and cost I guess it's worth it. I do most highway riding as I'm in the middle of no where. Might try to find a place that sells them and get one

It is actually starting to show up trackside alot more often.

Ive seen a few guys riding with them this past year trackside.

Cost is approx $400 and change for vest with additional CO2 cartridge. I believe Tony at blue streak could get them for just a little more than that.
if your headed to the states, you can order one and have it shipped to hotel etc.
The company is pretty good, and offers discounts to emergency services/military personnel, so the guys that went to Jennings that year i threw out my price to see if there was interest or not.

Found this:
Began research and development work of an airbag system for motorcyclists.
1998After a process of trial and error, completed and announce the worldcfs first airbag jacket for motorcyclists.
1999Launched our airbag jacket in Europe where the safety standard is quite high. Supplied world famous SPIDI of Italy, IXS of Switzerland and LOUIS of Germany with our airbag system and gained a reputation of high reliability. Awarded Gold and Silver Medals at the World Exhibition of Inventions in Belgium. A Gold Medal in the Safety Protection Life Saving Division and a Silver Medal overall.
2000Awarded Gold Trophy at the cgSalon du Chevalch in Paris.
2001Launched the Hit-air jacket.
2003Supplied the Police Headquarters in Japan with the airbag vests for the motorcycle police. Obtained the CE Marking approval by the EU for our airbag vest of MC Model. Launched the airbag vest for horse riding.
2004Supplied the Spanish Police with the airbag vests.
2005Awarded the highest prize at the JPMS Motorcycle Show in France. Launched the buckle type one-touch connector of increased strength and reliability, jointly developed by YKK and Mugen Denko.
2006Signed OEM deals with top-brand apparel manufacturers for the supply of airbag jackets and vests. Supplied the Imperial Guard Headquarters with airbag vests for horse riding. Launched smaller and lighter key box (Y-type), jointly developed by YKK and Mugen Denko.
Police issue seems obvious, but Ontario cops don't exactly wear proper protection (or even seatbelts in cars)

I'll contact him tomorrow and see what he can do for me. Thanks. Might get one for my wife also. Prices are around $500 cheaper than a nice alpine star and apparently safe or more protection

Last edited:
They initially were made for horse jumping (equestrian) and made their way to the 'motorcycle underworld' ..

Its not meant for police issue, its meant for emergency service personnel who ride off duty and such.
The military is well known for guys to return home and buy a superduperhyabusa and crash ..

Thanks infornobuster. The cost of one is almost the same as leather jackets so for the added protection and cost I guess it's worth it. I do most highway riding as I'm in the middle of no where. Might try to find a place that sells them and get one

Buddy in Australia picked up one for $150 ( way below retail ) - he figured for that price why not.

It seems to me that a GROUP BUY is on order (hint hint hint hint....to all vendors!)

Back
Top Bottom