Intimidation from the prosecutor; allowed or misconduct? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Intimidation from the prosecutor; allowed or misconduct?

Pretty sure both those tickets count the same to insurance so you really only saved yourself whatever the difference in the fines was...

+1

A 3 over and 29 over will cause the exact same raise in insurance.
Its just the dollar figure of the fine that will change.
But either way you are still guilty to a minor infraction in the insurance companies eyes

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Basically I take this as a threat and intimidation. They are saying if you have the nerve to challenge them, you could end up paying more. I don't think that is right. I could see paying the full price of the ticket ($121 and 3 points) if I challenge the ticket and am still found guilty, but I do not appreciated the threat and intimidation of it possibly being higher. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there someone I can file a complaint to regarding this intimidation?

In some ways I agree with the crown due to people who are obviously guilty, wasting court time in hopes of getting a freebie. When you add up the costs of the judge, security, general court staff, building costs etc the hourly rate is very expensive.

I would have no problem with paying those costs, even if higher, if the situation was recprocal. In other words, if the case gets tossed you get paid for your time off work, legal rep, parking etc. A fair system would be the judge deciding if the challenge had sufficient merit to be worth hearing, even if lost, and then assessing fees as seen fit. This would also minimize bogus tickets as they would get tossed back in the LEO's face.

Re the tone of voice, in any occupation where one has to repeat the same thing over and over again, it gets tiring. Whether you're a court prosecutor doing their thing or a mechanic explaining to someone about the dangers of driving on bald tires, it gets really really weary. The Zombie, don't-ask-me-any-questions voice takes over.

Never going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom