Insurance Rate Increase?! How much did yours go up? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance Rate Increase?! How much did yours go up?

puttockc

My Insurance went from $940.00 to $992.00 even though a ticket expired! (it actually expires one day after renewal but they said it wouldn't count on my record at all for them)

How much has your policy increased/decreased, is it for no good reason or did something happen to you?

My Insurance went from $940.00 to $992.00 even though a ticket expired! (it actually expires one day after renewal but they said it wouldn't count on my record at all for them)

How much has your policy increased/decreased, is it for no good reason or did something happen to you?

Went down $200 for me this year and I got 2 DUI's. just kidding no changes in my status as far as i know cept i got older. Thats with TD. Who are you with?

Well next renewal we will see who gives me the best rate

Sent from my my mobile using a strange app for damaged people

How does it work? Do you have to wait till the renewal to cancel and then change companies? Or can you shop around and find another company by next week and switch?

Usually you get a renewal notice a few months before you current policy is set to expire. You shop around. If you don't find a better rate, pay your current company and all is well (you already have new pink slips sent to you), if you do monthly payments you don't have to do anything as they will just continue to pull from your bank account or credit card.

If you find a better rate, set it up with the new company and have the new policy come into effect at the end of your current policy (look @ the pink slip). Then you have to fax/drop/off email the cancellation form that is provided in the renewal papers to the old company with the time the policy is to end (again see pink slip). If you cancel early you may be subject to fees and you will most likely not get any refund depending on when during the policy you cancel.

Easy peasy.

you can always try to insure ur bike with parents address? got be cheaper than younge bloor.

I'm with TD and just got my renewal. Policy went up about $25 to $662/yr (full coverage including collision/comp/theft).

Mine went from 1065 to 1109. I have nothing on my record. When i asked why they gave me some round about answer. Mine has never went down.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Mine went up by $150ish. I was expecting it though because buddies I referred to my agent were receiving quotes $100-$200 higher than my own and had similar demographics + cc range.

Mine was 1500 last year and this year it's 860. I have one speeding ticket for going over 20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDMM - 2 changes only: turned 25, and dropped my car out of policy - went from $9xx -> $680.

TD: Up from $1,119 to $1,825 for an R1. No tickets, accidents, etc. (And they didn't even buy me breakfast.)

TD: Up from $1,119 to $1,825 for an R1. No tickets, accidents, etc. (And they didn't even buy me breakfast.)

Yeah, TD ****ed me too... went up from 1400 to 1600 for an SV650. I started riding last year, had absolutely no events at all, and now my insurance went up. I was gonna look at an SS this year too but with StateFarm being bought out by Desjardins I'll be lucky to just be riding my old bike. Any suggestions for an insurance firm cuz it's time I go shopping? I'm in KW if that matters.

Back
Top Bottom