Best place to get various OEM nuts/bolts online in Canada? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best place to get various OEM nuts/bolts online in Canada?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40275
  • Start date
Let me reiterate, Don't just walk in with no info and a vague size of the bolt you are looking for, expecting to get helped or sold individuals. The stores mostly carry packs of 100s and most will not break those packs open for you. You have to get the single unit SKU from the website. And wait a couple days for the order.

fasteners are not worth anything to those guys, they don't want to spend 1/2 hour trying to help you out for a $25 order. They can spend their time selling other higher dollar items and making more money for that branch.

sell a machine tool or box of grinder belts, couple of 100$ there...

Not the guys fault.

Thanks for the help... however, I'm not sure how to gauge the thread types and sizes of each bolt... so going to the independent manufacturers like brafasco or fastenal for literally 2 or 3 bolts doesn't work out.

Ready powersports finally called me back and they want.. (sit down).. $12 for 3 bolts... 2 of which they ruined after my last service with them. To top it - the parts guy was an A+ *********. I don't understand how people don't realize the merits of customer service.

I guess I'll have to bend-over..

that's life. your not doing them any favors ; they'r not going to do you any favors.

if you were a loyal customer to a shop, they would fix stuff like that at no charge.

fasteners are not worth anything to those guys, they don't want to spend 1/2 hour trying to help you out for a $25 order. They can spend their time selling other higher dollar items and making more money for that branch.

sell a machine tool or box of grinder belts, couple of 100$ there...

Not the guys fault.

Or, you could buy the whole box and them sell them off to guys that need them for their bikes. . I don't know, maybe you might be able to find a large, online community of such people.

What are the Pro-Bolt products like? I'm concerned about using aluminum fasteners on my bike since they tend to strip.

What are the Pro-Bolt products like? I'm concerned about using aluminum fasteners on my bike since they tend to strip.

They are quality. Can get expensive due to the low volume nature of these products too. But specialty bolt makers such as these are the top of the mark.

Read the material guide link on the bottom page menu (or on the right side on the home page). They recommend aluminum only for non-high strength areas and non-safety related items. For example they say it works well with bodywork bolts. But it is important not to over tighten aluminum bolts. Most everyone over tightens low torque bolts, such as bodywork, on the bike. Do that with aluminum bolts and you can strip the threads, especially when repeated over time (often remove and put back on).

The stainless steel option is the durable do it all choice. As such it has the most choice in bolt sizes, thread pitches, and lengths. Ti is sweet, if you got the $$.

Last edited:
I have their fairing kit, engine casing kit and windscreen kit.
They've held up great so far, no issues.

OP, if you're hell bent on getting OEM bolts, you can call Snow City and place your order over the phone, once they have everything in, you can just go and pick them up. Simple.

Thanks for the help... however, I'm not sure how to gauge the thread types and sizes of each bolt... so going to the independent manufacturers like brafasco or fastenal for literally 2 or 3 bolts doesn't work out.

Grab a cheap vernier caliper at CT (often on sale for ~$25) and read this overview of fastener notation: http://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-information/Measuring/Notation.aspx

The only problem I've really run into when getting non-oem replacements, is matching the head types, mainly for bodywork. Suzuki also seems to like those bolts with thicker shoulders to support fairings/fenders.

Plastic rivets are another animal entirely.

Ready powersports finally called me back and they want.. (sit down).. $12 for 3 bolts... 2 of which they ruined after my last service with them. To top it - the parts guy was an A+ *********. I don't understand how people don't realize the merits of customer service.

I guess I'll have to bend-over..

Well....bend over if you want, but since it's midwinter why not order from a US supplier and pay about 1/2 for OEM parts vs. Canadian dealer prices. I've used Dillon Powersports in Nebraska for years and they have good prices and ship by CP as well, meaning most of the time items arrive at my door tax and duty free. Lead time for delivery is about 7 or 8 business days.

Pacific fasteners,,,,can't go wrong with them, took in the old nuts and bolts, each in it's own baggie, wrote on the bag what I needed in Stainless Steel Allen Head Cap Bolt and the quantity, washer or lock washer or both, and they did their part....they knew exactly what I needed and by the next day I picked up my order, no fuss no muss, paid cash and I was a happy camper....

P1070970.jpg

P1070973.jpg

P1070984.jpg

I know you said Canada sourced, but this seems like a lot of work for <$20 of parts. For OEM I've used Dillon Motor Sports / Parsfish in NE for over 10 years. http://www.partsfish.com/page/oemparts Online catalogue, good prices, will ship USPS and delivery in about a week to 10 days. Local dealers are a pain, poor online capability, unwillingness to take orders + payment over the phone, a trip to get served by an often surly parts clerk, never anything in stock and then a return trip to pickup the parts you paid for. And then dealers wonder why customers shop online stateside.................

It would be great if Canada's Motorcycle (now FortNine) began to sell OEM parts. This is an organization with great customer service, a good web page and a 2 day lead time for deliveries.

Pacific fasteners,,,,can't go wrong with them, took in the old nuts and bolts, each in it's own baggie, wrote on the bag what I needed in Stainless Steel Allen Head Cap Bolt and the quantity, washer or lock washer or both, and they did their part....they knew exactly what I needed and by the next day I picked up my order, no fuss no muss, paid cash and I was a happy camper....

P1070970.jpg

P1070973.jpg

P1070984.jpg
awesome post plus 1,000,000,thanks

The op of this thread was banned ,lol,I wonder what the banned count is at these days,what a joke......anyways,I don't have an oem source but their has been a lot of good info already in this thread.

I just ordered and already have a miscellaneous box of metric black steel bolts,not stainless, but cheap and they work so I am happy with them.I think kapsco moto carrries these in box sets as well. I believe they are chinese but they are actually good quality.They are also available on ebay from china ,I think the first box of them I bought was from a us seller but I think he got them from china and just upped the price a little.....

Pro bolt makes quality stuff(titanium/stainless steel) but I would not use aluminum bolts for my fairings or anywhere on my bike for that matter .I have a few of their titanium bolts on my bike,great stuff,it's too bad they like to ship ups whom are well known for their bs fees .....

edit-just read back in this thread and matthew posted the link to a kit on ebay similar to the kits I bought

Last edited:
It would be great if Canada's Motorcycle (now FortNine) began to sell OEM parts. This is an organization with great customer service, a good web page and a 2 day lead time for deliveries.

Fort Nine sells OEM parts for Kawasaki and Suzuki at the moment. They use Motovan as their supplier, IIRC. Not cheap, as you might expect, but in this case the bodywork fasteners I needed were so specific that I was doubtful they existed otherwise.

Fort Nine sells OEM parts for Kawasaki and Suzuki at the moment. They use Motovan as their supplier, IIRC. Not cheap, as you might expect, but in this case the bodywork fasteners I needed were so specific that I was doubtful they existed otherwise.

Didn't know this, thanks. I've found OEM parts are often 2 times + the US cost.

We need a Canadian company to partner with a quality and cost competitive US online supplier. Web front end is Canadian and linked behind the scenes to US site with CAN prices. Sale is made by CAN company. Parts are picked and packed by order by US company and shipped via truck to CAN and then mailed in Canada using CP or shipped by courier to customers. This could provide CAN customers with better pricing and eliminate any concerns related to cross border shopping. Customers could then choose to shop CAN, use the model described above or buy directly to from US vendors online.

Back
Top Bottom