Best place to get various OEM nuts/bolts online in Canada? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best place to get various OEM nuts/bolts online in Canada?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40275
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 40275

I recently got the GSXR back from Ready Powersports to get my front master cylinder recall done... decided to take the battery out and tender it for what's left for winter.. only to realize that they've somehow screwed the two allen-head bolts that secure the seat in place tighter than a nuns vag.

Regardles, I went to town.. and stripped it.. then had to drill them out.. so now need replacements. I've also somehow lost my rear footpeg bolts after I took them off as well. So I'm looking for an easy way to order small parts like this online (without having to pay 60$ for shipping 1 dollar bolts).

I've been trying the dealerships - but no one picks up.. I doubt they're even open during this time of year. I also would rather use OEM HW rather than making 12 trips to homedepot and try to correctly size the thread/bolts etc.

Specifically I think this is the seat-bolt part #: 09139-06146

Thanks

If you insist on OEM fasteners, dealer is pretty much the only choice for nickel-and-dime stuff like this.

If you can live with fasteners having the same thread diameter and pitch but with ISO standard head styles (hex head without flange, socket head, button head, etc) then identify the thread diameter and pitch and length, and just go to Bolts Plus, Brafasco, etc.

The thread diameter and pitch for those is most likely M6x1.0.

I'm anal about keeping stupid stuff like bolts original. I've ordered a bunch of little bolts and washers from Snow City over the years. A couple bucks each, they get stuff in a day or two, and I know it's going to work.

This is the place I used to get all my SS nuts and bolts when I did my rebuild of my GS, they had everything I wanted, just have the size for them and they will more than likely have it....

http://www.pacificfasteners.com/

Toronto Office
27 Chauncey Avenue
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M8Z 2Z2
Phone (416) 231-7295, Fax (416) 231-9676

if you go there just go to the back of the building....and bring cash....

Last edited:
depending on how many you need, but if its a bunch and you want OEM:

ronayers.com

This is the place I used to get all my SS nuts and bolts when I did my rebuild of my GS, they had everything I wanted, just have the size for them and they will more than likely have it....

http://www.pacificfasteners.com/

Toronto Office
27 Chauncey Avenue
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M8Z 2Z2
Phone (416) 231-7295, Fax (416) 231-9676

if you go there just go to the back of the building....and bring cash....

Please note that stainless bolts and nuts are not as strong as the typical cadmium or zinc-plated steel fasteners found on most bikes.

Brafasco sells almost everything.

http://www.brafasco.com/catalogue.asp

Brafasco and Fastenal etobicoke were pretty unhelpful to me.

Same here. Even when I found the right thing I needed at Fastenal the guy refused to sell me any less than 50. Then, after refusing to help me, asked me to get my bosses to set up an account with them so they can make money supplying all our fastener needs.

The TwoWheelMotorsports rep on here (think his name is Tyler for some reason but I may be wrong) was able to help me out and gave me lower prices on the cheap little things than most online retailers out of the US. Their tires were cheaper than Pete's, too, and once I added an additional discount they had a few weeks ago I paid less than I would've if I had ordered all the parts and things I needed out of the US. Took maybe 2 weeks to arrive. I thought it was all pretty good since people always tell me parts are hard to find for my bike.

Please note that stainless bolts and nuts are not as strong as the typical cadmium or zinc-plated steel fasteners found on most bikes.

Brafasco sells almost everything.

http://www.brafasco.com/catalogue.asp

Yup they sell almost everything, but almost not a single stainless steel nut or bolt in allen cap head did they have that would suit my needs....

other than the ones holding the float bowls and the caps on the carb rack, everything else was purchased at pacific fasteners....

95% of the ss bolts and such I changed out are not for anything critical, mostly for small stuff, holding on covers for the clutch cover or the stator cover or the starter motor and so on, the critical bolts for say the engine or the swing arm, I reused the old ones after cleaning them and zinc plating them again....

But a good tip......

Thanks for the help... however, I'm not sure how to gauge the thread types and sizes of each bolt... so going to the independent manufacturers like brafasco or fastenal for literally 2 or 3 bolts doesn't work out.

Ready powersports finally called me back and they want.. (sit down).. $12 for 3 bolts... 2 of which they ruined after my last service with them. To top it - the parts guy was an A+ *********. I don't understand how people don't realize the merits of customer service.

I guess I'll have to bend-over..

I paid $21 for an engine spacer. Don't complain about $12. You stripped them in the first place. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know about suzuki but Yamaha has the size and length in the part number.

Last edited:
If you guys need stuff from Brafasco, let me know. I work for a company that has an account.

There's a trick to ordering bolts and nuts from Fastenal. Some locations the guys are grumpier than some but if you fight back they usually give in. Im on a name by name basis (no account) and I used them exclusively for my latest ground up bike build. What you have to do is, go to the website and find the exact bolt(s) you need. You will notice it shows you the price of that bolt down lower on the page. It gives you like 10-50 different examples of the type of bolt you want. It shows different materials, different style heads, and some will look like they are duplicates of others. But if you look close, you will see some items priced per 50 or 100 units. You will also see some items priced per single unit. You have to take that SKU from the single unit price to the store. Not the SKU from the 50 or 100 unit price. Print out the page(s) you want and bring them in with all the SKU information. Organized. This helps not having an account as they do not have to search for you. They are lazy. They just type in numbers, and your order will be in 3 days later. If you save them from having to do any work, its usually ok. Same goes for Brafasco I find but there are none close to me.

Let me reiterate, Don't just walk in with no info and a vague size of the bolt you are looking for, expecting to get helped or sold individuals. The stores mostly carry packs of 100s and most will not break those packs open for you. You have to get the single unit SKU from the website. And wait a couple days for the order.

Back
Top Bottom