Converting 2012 KX450F | GTAMotorcycle.com

Converting 2012 KX450F

jordzaniac

Hey all!

Does any one have experience converting a 2012 kx450 into a supermoto? Just looking to try it out and not spend a small fortune. Looking for a decent kit that would contain everything needed.
Thanks!

I have been checking there frequently to see if anything is posted to specifically fit my bike. I can't really find much online for what kit people have used. I have however noticed that 4.25 inch rear rim seems to be the norm as the swingarm is relatively narrow.

Ive gone through his thread that would be the dream build but not exactly a budget build! wicked setup though

You dont have to buy the big name stuff, but it give you an idea on some of the mods that need to be done...And the order they should be done in, for example make sure you buy a slipper clutch before you spend too much money on wheels and tires, because you will need one once you start riding on pavement. And if you dont get one you will give that poor little 450 engine a beating...

The KX is a tough one, there is way less of a used or even new parts market. It was hard for me to find parts for this bike, especially when it came to wheels and brakes....I had to modify a set of Marchensinis from an older KX250 to fit, and I called pretty much every shop in north america looking for a 2012 300mm front brake rotor....Even when I had companies like Brake tech tell me they would make me one, they later pulled out and said not enough interest in that brand/model to make anything for it.....

My buddies have the CRF's and its so much easier for them to find parts.....My buddy set his up for way less then I did because of the vast used parts market for them

I have been checking there frequently to see if anything is posted to specifically fit my bike. I can't really find much online for what kit people have used. I have however noticed that 4.25 inch rear rim seems to be the norm as the swingarm is relatively narrow.

I have a 5" rear on mine, it wasnt too hard to make it fit without rubbing. Even easier if you are looking at getting spoked wheels....

I appreciate the input! I was making the shopping list and never thought of the slipper until I came across your thread. Basically this bike is double duty between ice track and tmp. I already have a dedicated track bike but wanted to use this to follow the wife around on track. I really noticed that Yamaha and Honda parts are everywhere compared to kawi stuff.

Back
Top Bottom