Changes to the bridgestone chapionship cup | GTAMotorcycle.com

Changes to the bridgestone chapionship cup

ripper14

2014 BRIDGESTONE CHAMPIONSHIP CUP CHANGES

1- PRO AND AM RACERS ( PRO'S NEW THIS SEASON )

2- PRO AND AM RUN AT SAME TIME BUT COUNTED AS TWO SEPERATE RACES. (TWO WAVE START)
3- UNLIMITED DISPLACEMENT IN BOTH PRO/AM ( WAS PREVIOUSLY 600's ONLY NOW OPEN )

4- SLICKS OR DOTS ALLOWED (RACERS CHOICE)

5- CONTINGENCY FOR BOTH PRO AND AM's ARE AS FOLLOWS
-FIRST 2 REARS 1 FRONT
-SECOND 1 REAR 1 FRONT
-THIRD 1 REAR
-FOURTH 1 FRONT
-FITH $50 B-STONE BUCKS
( TIRES THAT ARE USED ARE THE TIRES THAT ARE WON )

Last edited:
Bumping this thread to mention....these changes aren't yet reflected on the SOAR site. Probably should be pretty soon so people can plan. It would suck to plan for this, show up with a 600 and then unexpectedly find yourself gridding with litre bikes.

Bumping this thread to mention....these changes aren't yet reflected on the SOAR site. Probably should be pretty soon so people can plan. It would suck to plan for this, show up with a 600 and then unexpectedly find yourself gridding with litre bikes.

They will be soon. What Dave said is accurate so plan accordingly.

I find it funny how it is always the guy on the 1000 that claims the 1000s have no advantage. :D They probably yell that out to the guys they are blowing past on the straight.

"Don't worry, it's not the bike, I am just better than yoooouuuuu....."

duck, you will see when your there what I mean.
they carry so much more corner speed, gb is all about corner speed. and the straights are so short its not that much of an advantage.
if I didnt already have my r1 , Id be racing soar with an r6. the big bikes are alot more work to master on a smaller track

duck, you will see when your there what I mean.
they carry so much more corner speed, gb is all about corner speed. and the straights are so short its not that much of an advantage.
if I didnt already have my r1 , Id be racing soar with an r6. the big bikes are alot more work to master on a smaller track

I believe you, I am just busting your balls. Even so, sometimes I think the "corner speed" thing is overplayed. A modern 1000 weighs less than 10% more than a 600. 35 or 40 lbs is definitely not nothing when it comes to corner speed, but it's not the whole world either. My guess is that many guys are faster on 600s than 1000s not because the 600 is so much lighter (or has so much less rotating mass in the motor), but because on a 600 they can be more ham-fisted with the throttle on corner exits without terrifying themselves. Scary is generally not fast.

Just a theory.

The rotational mass of a 1000 makes it harder to flick between corners, it's not just the overall mass. If you don't have atleast 5-6 bike lengths on a 1000 coming onto the straight your going to be passed.

Before this gets anymore off topic, plan to race against a 1000 in the Bridgestone class.

Last edited:
I believe you, I am just busting your balls. Even so, sometimes I think the "corner speed" thing is overplayed. A modern 1000 weighs less than 10% more than a 600. 35 or 40 lbs is definitely not nothing when it comes to corner speed, but it's not the whole world either. My guess is that many guys are faster on 600s than 1000s not because the 600 is so much lighter (or has so much less rotating mass in the motor), but because on a 600 they can be more ham-fisted with the throttle on corner exits without terrifying themselves. Scary is generally not fast.

Just a theory.
Yes now factor an overweight rider. Ha. That's my excuse. :)

Sent from my imaginary friend

Yes now factor an overweight rider. Ha. That's my excuse. :)

Oh yeah, you're a real fatso Paul :rolleyes:

Personally, I have already dropped over 15 lbs in the off-season. 170 to 175 will likely be my fighting weight this year. Turns out WeightWatchers is cheaper than carbon fibre.

the 600s go just as fast as the 1000s at grand bend anyways lol

Im gunna respectfully disagree with you on that one. It's kinda a point and squirt track. Especially long track.

The section at the top after the start finish can slightly benefit a 600, but with corner leading to corner leading to corner, there is not really a lot of time to be gained there..... maybe a position or two though.

I know on a 600, there is plenty of time spent WOT, where a 1000 would shine.

It seems to me, that if Ruper, Beven, Bauer, etc, are already on Bridgestones then they'll definitely compete in this class on their litre bikes because the prize pool is great. That will essentially make it a second superbike race. Cool for spectators, but maybe a bit frustrating for other competitors.

It seems to me, that if Ruper, Beven, Bauer, etc, are already on Bridgestones then they'll definitely compete in this class on their litre bikes because the prize pool is great. That will essentially make it a second superbike race. Cool for spectators, but maybe a bit frustrating for other competitors.
I believe only one of those lads run 'Stones.

Back
Top Bottom