Local Upholsterer Needed - Seat Foam Modification - Ninja 500R | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Local Upholsterer Needed - Seat Foam Modification - Ninja 500R

Have used them a few times. Nice people.

http://www.alphaautotrimltd.com/

I called yesterday to get their business hours and spoke to Marc. He took the time to walk me through the different types of services and how they go about modifying a seat. What impressed me was that he listened to my needs and gave me options as to how to approach it.

I'll be heading there in the new year with my seat for an actual quote. So far I'm very impressed with the service level and the attention to my needs.

Thanks again, cycling.

A quick update.

I went to Alpha Auto Trim this past Friday to drop off my seat and meet the folks at shop.

First off, I want to thank cycling for taking the time to meet me there and introduce me to the team. He even brought his seat so I can could see the quality of their work and what they are capable of doing. Cycling's seat was not only a piece of art involving at least three different seat cover materials but was fully customized to him.

That said, Mark at Alpha took the time to explain the entire process from start to finish. He gave me options on materials and really took the time to ask what I wanted specifically. In other words, he was interested in my needs as a rider. He even took myself and cycling around the shop to see his other work. Again, we could see the pride and quality of their work.

As for my seat it will look nearly stock when done, my goal is just to increase the comfort level while keeping it primarily looking stock. My seat will have some of the foam replaced with high density foam and a new one piece cover. But if I needed it, Mark had the capability to modify my seat to make it lower or narrower, etc for a full custom job.

Once done, I'll post some pics on here.

It's been awhile but I finally got a chance to sit down and post.

First off, I have to say I had a fantastic experience with Mark, his brother and his father at Alpha Auto Trim. I want to thank "cycling" for making the connection and taking the time to meet me there on my first visit.

I am not going to repeat the information in my previous post but I will add that their service level exceed my expectations. Mark and his family treated me like "family" and kept me informed of the progress of seat throughout the entire process. What impressed me the most was that I had the opportunity to try my seat (went for a ride!) before the cover was installed to make sure I was completely satisfied with the comfort and feel of the seat.

I can not say enough about about how satisfied I am with the seat. My goal was to increase the comfort level of the seat while maintaining a near stock look (Mark can do pretty much can anything you want in terms of custom work. Simple to complex). Before the seat was modified I was only able to ride about 30mins before I started to experience lower back pain, cramping and a general discomfort near the front (if you know what I mean ). Post modification I am able to push near 2hrs in the saddle easily without pain. For me that is plenty of time in the saddle as at that point I want to generally pull over for a mental break anyway.

In terms of cost, every seat is different depending on the materials used and the amount of work involved. My seat was only $150.00. A far cry from the near $430.00+ for a Corbin seat for a Ninja 500R which in the end is still not custom made to me or my needs and is something you can't test fit and hope it's comfortable when you do get it.

Lastly, I would recommend Alpha Auto Trim to anyone looking to get their seat modified. I personally will be returning to them to have an future seats modified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• photo6.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 44
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 42
  • photo 1 (5).jpg
    photo 1 (5).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Thanks for the write up. Yes they are a great bunch of people. I am really happy to hear that you are satisfied. It is really hard to recommend a merchant and have them come up with great work. For me it was an easy choice. From the pictures looks great. I know you wanted to keep as stock as normal. Happy riding.

Thanks for the write up. Yes they are a great bunch of people. I am really happy to hear that you are satisfied. It is really hard to recommend a merchant and have them come up with great work. For me it was an easy choice. From the pictures looks great. I know you wanted to keep as stock as normal. Happy riding.

Definitely an easy choice for me as well in terms of my next seat. There's a lot of businesses out there that really don't care about their customers and the product they deliver. At Alpha, it's a family run business and it shows.

Cheers and happy riding, mate!

To revive an old thread, anyone have experience with New Image Interiors in Scarborough? Looking to get my seat re-foamed, hopefully a little more locally than Mississauga.

Looking for more motorcycle related reviews. I've never sat on an aftermarket seat so I'm not quite sure what I want, I just know my seat sucks. So I'm hoping to deal with someone that is used to bikes and can offer some constructive advice.

Macro - if you can make it to Mississauga, Alpha is the place!

Gave Alpha a call, seemed friendly but warned me it's not necessarily going to be quick since they have a lot of stuff on their plate. Given my seat is in ok shape for the rest of the season I may just wait until it gets colder and I'm not on the bike as much.

Gave Alpha a call, seemed friendly but warned me it's not necessarily going to be quick since they have a lot of stuff on their plate. Given my seat is in ok shape for the rest of the season I may just wait until it gets colder and I'm not on the bike as much.

Good call. Ride till the end of season and drop it off then. Winter is a little slow for them so they will have more time to work on bike seats.

Back
Top Bottom