Local Upholsterer Needed - Seat Foam Modification - Ninja 500R | GTAMotorcycle.com

Local Upholsterer Needed - Seat Foam Modification - Ninja 500R

00ninja

Just looking for a local (GTA) motorcycle seat upholsterer. I don't need any major work done so it can also be a local furniture upholsterer. All I need to do is replace a couple of foam sections in my seat with firmer foam to improve comfort. My original seat cover is also in excellent shape so it can be reused.

Thanks
00ninja

When I went there they wanted a thousand bucks to put a new cover on my seat and touch up the foam.

Thanks for advance warning. I'll take the seat in and get a quote and go from there. But yeah.....that is pretty steep.

Thanks for advance warning. I'll take the seat in and get a quote and go from there. But yeah.....that is pretty steep.

Wow. That is a really stupid price.
"OOninja" If you like send me a private message and if you like I can meet you there. I trust these guys. Plus would like an explaination of a seat for $1000.00

Talk to Harold at...
a3aty2e8.jpg

Last edited:
I have a corbin. I asked about getting it recovered in leather. A big old guy looked at it and said leather is expensive it would be around a thousand bucks. I said thanks but no thanks and left.

If it was around a hundred I would do it.

150 bucks, out the door.....too much, too little, who cares, it was done and it looks great, better than what I could have done, let's put it that way...

by the way I never did put the strap back on....

I have more pics if you need to see more

P1110415.jpg

That is one sexy GS.

I have a corbin. I asked about getting it recovered in leather. A big old guy looked at it and said leather is expensive it would be around a thousand bucks. I said thanks but no thanks and left.

If it was around a hundred I would do it.

I think I went originally based on your review. No idea why I was quoted so high.

Perhaps that is why, due to the material being leather ? or they just didn't want to do it...

I did not use leather, it's a simulated look of carbon fiber and it's some sort of vinyl

That is one sexy GS.

Thanks..

Wow. That is a really stupid price.
"OOninja" If you like send me a private message and if you like I can meet you there. I trust these guys. Plus would like an explaination of a seat for $1000.00

Thank you very much for the offer. I'll definitely go see them with my seat and get a quote. If it is on the high side, I'll pm you for an opinion.

Talk to Harold at...
a3aty2e8.jpg

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out if the above quote doesn't pan out.

----------

Thanks to all those that have replied so far. Appreciated!

Last edited:
They did my car, complete leather & custom stitching/embroidering for $1500.00 so that should give you an idea!
u4u9apen.jpg

egenupuq.jpg

umu7a6yj.jpg

New Image are upstanding! I had them recover my Corbin dual canyon seat in leather for the same price point as other shops were quoting for vinyl leatherette (meaning a very reasonable price). Serge is the guy to talk to.
DSC_0071.jpg

Last edited:
They did my car, complete leather & custom stitching/embroidering for $1500.00 so that should give you an idea!
u4u9apen.jpg

egenupuq.jpg

umu7a6yj.jpg

Wow! Looks utterly fantastic and for the price! They should have no problem with my little seat.

Thanks for posting up.

Back
Top Bottom