can you tell me what bike this is? | GTAMotorcycle.com

can you tell me what bike this is?

ajaxguy

Looks like a Yamaha RT 100

Definitely a 1998 rt100, air cooled 100 cc two stroke. Mild trail bike with front and rear drum brakes, bullet proof engine, and good size offroad tires 19" and 17". Probably be good for the older boys to trade back and forth. Good thing is, it looks like she's getting her info off an ownership. (body type : mf, power : g) and that's a good thing. If the kids take to it, check out the OFTR, Ontario trail riders, great weekend rides, races, etc, only $90/ year for you, kids under 16 are free with you. After I joined the oftr, a whole new world of dirtbiking opened up!

Definitely a 1998 rt100, air cooled 100 cc two stroke. Mild trail bike with front and rear drum brakes, bullet proof engine, and good size offroad tires 19" and 17". Probably be good for the older boys to trade back and forth. Good thing is, it looks like she's getting her info off an ownership. (body type : mf, power : g) and that's a good thing. If the kids take to it, check out the OFTR, Ontario trail riders, great weekend rides, races, etc, only $90/ year for you, kids under 16 are free with you. After I joined the oftr, a whole new world of dirtbiking opened up!

so its a 98 not a 2008? ya i was thinking for my 12 year old it would be good just for rising the trails with. she does have the ownership which is perfect. so for OFTR as long as i am a member the kids are free and we can ride all there trails?

so its a 98 not a 2008? ya i was thinking for my 12 year old it would be good just for rising the trails with. she does have the ownership which is perfect. so for OFTR as long as i am a member the kids are free and we can ride all there trails?

Yes, oftr members have access to trail systems, trail maps (through member sites), dealer discounts, weekend trail ride series, all kinds of good stuff. The bikes must be green(offroad) plated and insured exhaust under 94db. Very fun group, lots of family oriented rides. Check out SCORRA, good reading on Barrie and area, as well as oftr rides. The OFTR has many regional clubs, should be something in your area, the OFTR website has a full list of all clubs in all Ontario regions.

Yes, oftr members have access to trail systems, trail maps (through member sites), dealer discounts, weekend trail ride series, all kinds of good stuff. The bikes must be green(offroad) plated and insured exhaust under 94db. Very fun group, lots of family oriented rides. Check out SCORRA, good reading on Barrie and area, as well as oftr rides. The OFTR has many regional clubs, should be something in your area, the OFTR website has a full list of all clubs in all Ontario regions.

Ya i checked it out and definitely will be joining. As for the insurance, if i have 4 dirtbikes to which 3 of my kids will be riding, how does the insurance work for that?

You insure all 4 in your name, then add a clause that allows young riders coverage under you. Shouldn't cost any extra. My ktm costs me $121 a year, mini bikes should be less. One fine for no offroad insurance is $385. The oftr also offers mens, ladies, and kids training days, lotsa fun and a good opportunity to meet other members.

Unless you plan to ride Simcoe Forest, OFTR doesn't provide that much access to green plate trails.

i personally don't see the point in joining as I don't ride there. Do your homework before you buy a family pass if you are on a budget.

Unless you plan to ride Simcoe Forest, OFTR doesn't provide that much access to green plate trails.

i personally don't see the point in joining as I don't ride there. Do your homework before you buy a family pass if you are on a budget.

so what would you suggest?

We had one of those bikes when I was in my early teens... Was a lot of fun and I wasn't very nice to it. Very reliable, quiet, and just right to get someone started on.

Back
Top Bottom