The T Rex Report | GTAMotorcycle.com

The T Rex Report

PaisaMed

My 2009 Yamaha T Max arrived on Wednesday at Roseytoes from Moto Ducharme in Joliette, Quebec. Thursday morning I had my licence plates and within 2 hours I was crossing the border at Fort Erie. At the border I donned my rain gear and that was a good choice as the I90 west was cold and windy. At I79 I headed south and promptly ran into rain. I decided to hole up for the night in Pittsburgh.

Today, I woke up to cold temps and got off to a leisurely start at 10:00 a.m. Pretty much rained the whole day and the temperature was around 3C. At a lunch stop I took a stroll through a Walmart in Clarksberg, West Virginia and, let me tell you, it's everything you've seen in the YouTube series on the people of Walmart. After buying glove liners and dishwashing gloves I started out again. Well, I did not get far and I'm now stopped for the night in Elksview, WV. It has not been a good day to cover any meaningful distance. Don't know what's going to happen tomorrow; there might be freezing rain.

The T Rex is a capable highway beast but the windshield is severely lacking in height and there is no flaring for hand protection. Tucking your head below the top edge of the windshield makes your upper body assume the supersport position and when combined with the forward stance for your legs the result is a riding position that can be tolerated for less than 5 minutes. I want to ride a bike, not do yoga! Hand guards are needed. The fuel tank capacity is about 4 gallons/15 litres and this makes for frequent gas stops. The handling review will have to wait until I can straighten out some twisties on a dry day. Heading to Florida and who knows when I'll get there!

Stupid storms Clingon and Dingalong!

;)

you know the t-rex is a whole other thing right?

Ride safe. I don't know how long your trip is, but if you come back before the end of the year things are gonna be a bit tricky once you get close to the border again (I'm expecting temps to be below freezing pretty much through January)

After 4 days of riding I have only made it to Charlotte, NC.

I have not seen a bike in the United States yet!!

Today, it's only going to be raining so I will be able to make it to Daytona Beach where I'll stay with a buddy for a few days.

My ultimate plan is to fly my bike into Medellin, Colombia where I'm going for 2 months.

Anybody else thought of other T-Rex fun toy when they clicked on this thread?
:(

After 4 days of riding I have only made it to Charlotte, NC.

I have not seen a bike in the United States yet!!

Today, it's only going to be raining so I will be able to make it to Daytona Beach where I'll stay with a buddy for a few days.

My ultimate plan is to fly my bike into Medellin, Colombia where I'm going for 2 months.

Pictures or it's not really happening.

Anybody else thought of other T-Rex fun toy when they clicked on this thread?
:(

ah YEP! Especially when he started off by saying the vehicle came from Quebec and this thread is titled The T Rex Report and not the TMax.

what a rip.. i thought this was gonna be about the T-rex.. Not a stupid scooter.

Scooters should even count in here.

Back
Top Bottom