Accossato any good? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Accossato any good?

Benny!

Site Supporter
I was looking into them but have no idea if they are any good. Any suggestions?

I was looking into them but have no idea if they are any good. Any suggestions?

You will notice Accossato masters look very similar to Brembo. That is because Accossato used to produce the master cylinders for Brembo, until Brembo started to produce them on their own....After that Accosssato continued to produce them but market themselfs under Accossato name brand

ok then done. Motomummy has them for $190.

I did the r6 caliper upgrade and now this. I'm going to be stopping on my face.

I think Fiery had/has one on his GSXR

It's currently sitting on my bench in pieces. Where it's been since developing a leak which I discovered on the back straight at Mosport this summer just gone. This was it's 3rd season. Trying to get them (Accossato) to support their product is impossible. No repair kit available. And they have simply refused to respond to various emails asking them about getting it repaired. I also tried Galfer (their North American distributor). About as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

I also had Accossato rearsets on my 1098. Again, great product while they worked but once I needed a spare part after an off? Anyone got the number for Woodcraft?

So, in summary, great while they're working. Just pray to your god they keep on working.

You will notice Accossato masters look very similar to Brembo. That is because Accossato used to produce the master cylinders for Brembo, until Brembo started to produce them on their own....After that Accosssato continued to produce them but market themselfs under Accossato name brand

Accossato started life as a casting and forging company. That's where their relationship with Brembo began. I'm not sure if Brembo pulled out first or if Brembo pulled out after Accossato started doing their own stuff.

It's currently sitting on my bench in pieces. Where it's been since developing a leak which I discovered on the back straight at Mosport this summer just gone. This was it's 3rd season. Trying to get them (Accossato) to support their product is impossible. No repair kit available. And they have simply refused to respond to various emails asking them about getting it repaired. I also tried Galfer (their North American distributor). About as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

I also had Accossato rearsets on my 1098. Again, great product while they worked but once I needed a spare part after an off? Anyone got the number for Woodcraft?

So, in summary, great while they're working. Just pray to your god they keep on working.

Did you identify the source of the leak? I had a leak on mine and it took me a while to find the source. My fluid reservoir hose was routed such that it was pulling on the spigot in the MC, pulling it off center in the rubber grommet is what created the leak. I got a ladybird stay, Brembo mini res and re-routed the hose and it has not leaked since.

Did you identify the source of the leak? I had a leak on mine and it took me a while to find the source. My fluid reservoir hose was routed such that it was pulling on the spigot in the MC, pulling it off center in the rubber grommet is what created the leak. I got a ladybird stay, Brembo mini res and re-routed the hose and it has not leaked since.

I initially thought that was the issue. But I played with the reservoir position so the spigot was exactly central and not under any pressure pushing it in or pulling it out and it still leaked. Now I may have damaged the O ring inside there but their support is still abysmal.

Accossato started life as a casting and forging company. That's where their relationship with Brembo began. I'm not sure if Brembo pulled out first or if Brembo pulled out after Accossato started doing their own stuff.

I am also not sure who ditched who and if they separated on good terms or not, I just know that when I dug into it a long time ago the reason they looked so similar in design is because Accossato used to manufacture the masters for Brembo

As you stated my worry would be after sales support and parts availability, seeing as I rebuild quite a few Brembo masters due to crashing...

I initially thought that was the issue. But I played with the reservoir position so the spigot was exactly central and not under any pressure pushing it in or pulling it out and it still leaked. Now I may have damaged the O ring inside there but their support is still abysmal.

Are you actually leaking fluid out of the master? or by leak do you mean loss of pressure?

A few times this has happened to masters due to debris getting caught on the piston seals inside the master....Simply disassembling and cleaning has fixed that in the past

Are you actually leaking fluid out of the master? or by leak do you mean loss of pressure?

A few times this has happened to masters due to debris getting caught on the piston seals inside the master....Simply disassembling and cleaning has fixed that in the past

Leaking fluid. I'm gonna get it sorted in the New Year one way or another. I've found a guy in the UlK who rebuilds brake masters. He can have a go.

As regards support, I've been buying Accossato bits for about 5 years now. Their support will hopefully get better in north America as they sell more gear. their quick release gas caps are a thing of beauty. Their levers and rearsets are nice as well.

I have the Accossato PRS (the adjustable), I tried all positions and keep it in the middle ( 19x18 ). Based on before/after, I'd be hard pressed to tell, because when I upgraded my braking system, I changed the master cylinder + pads + lines + racing fluid, and the performance improvement was ASTRONOMICAL over stock.

I have the Accossato PRS (the adjustable), I tried all positions and keep it in the middle ( 19x18 ). Based on before/after, I'd be hard pressed to tell, because when I upgraded my braking system, I changed the master cylinder + pads + lines + racing fluid, and the performance improvement was ASTRONOMICAL over stock.

I just picked up an un-used Accossato with the PRS system second hand on ebay. No instructions in box! Well there is one piece of paper but it's in Italian.

Do you have a manual or an understanding of how to setup the PRS system? It looks like there are a few adjustments - first the cam pin that comes out easily enough has 17-18-19 markings on the head, but there is no "arrow" on the master cylinder to show which corner of the pin is the setting chosen. I'm wondering where to rotate the pin?

Secondly the brake handle has an adjustment also marked 17-18-19. This is easy enough to figure out which one to choose. But are the cam pin, and the brake lever supposed to be indexed someway? There are no marks telling how to align them.

I've googled for a manual or instructions online but can't find anything!

Good product, but you need at least good brake pads. Zcco is good value for the money, brembo z04 are very good but expensive

Good product, but you need at least good brake pads. Zcco is good value for the money, brembo z04 are very good but expensive
I'm running Ferodo CP1's on Braketech Axis Iron rotors, Fren Tubo Type 4 Carbon Fiber lines, Brembo RCS 21. Braking performance is super scary! lol.

Back
Top Bottom