used Ktm 50 adventure mini? | GTAMotorcycle.com

used Ktm 50 adventure mini?

ajaxguy

I have heard alot of people say these KTM's are maintenance nightmares, is this true? I know its a 2 stroke and people are suggesting 4, but I can get this model which is semi-auto as my 7 year olds first bike, but just worried about these having more issues then the hondas/kawis/yamis and the bunch.

Meh- 2 stroke rebuilds are cheap and easy. The KTM isn't any more maintance intesive than a Honda or Kawi 2 stroke....Jap 2 stroke racebikes are just as high strung and just as likely to need a rebuild each season if raced. Sure they are all more trouble than a 4 stroke mildly tuned trailbike would be....but they are 2 stroke hi perf racebikes.

There's one on kiji in BArrie that is the best deal going I think at $975. It isn't newer but its well kept. I was eyeballing it for my son, but it isn't in the funds right now.
http://barrie.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...KTM-50-MINI-Adventure-Mint-W0QQAdIdZ519486840

And this one in Newmarket is 4 yrs newer for a mere $325 more..better deal, but again, more $
http://barrie.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...otocross-Ktm-sx50-2-stroke-W0QQAdIdZ514365971

Ya that one in Barrie is the one I'm going to see...Thats why I asked. I would have went today but the bike was at his brothers, so I'm going as soon as he gets home tommorow. He said the kill switch is glitchy though.

It's because those two stroke smaller race bikes will blow away a four stroke honda crf150

My son has a KTM 65 2 stoke. Has 2 year's of casual use as well as 2 week long dirt bike camps with racing. Have done nothing to the bie since I bought it. Its a 2001 and hauls *** @ 22hp.

Ya i am pretty excited for my lil guy to get this for xmas... its funny tooo cuz orange is his fave colour so it being a ktm and within my budget i couldnt be more happy. Now to find two more bikes for my 11 and 12 year old.

KTM parts are generally cheaper than Honda bike parts as well. And every part I have ordered for mine has arrived in 24 hrs or less....even when the dealer didn't have it in stock, they order from Ohio and it's there before noon next day.

How little is your youngest?
I have Alpinestar boots (size 11 or 12) that look like they have never been outta the box, a pants and jerseys, Fox gloves, and maybe a chest protector...all of which my boy has outgrown.

Last edited:
He is size 12 i think, but i believe boots fit a bit bigger. The clothes would fit him for sure as he a small kid. Oh and he is 7 years old, 42 lbs. For the right price I would definately be interested in it! Actually heading out the door this second to pick up the KTM, after i buy it and if i buy your gear maybe you could look it over for me ;)

KTM parts are generally cheaper than Honda bike parts as well. And every part I have ordered for mine has arrived in 24 hrs or less....even when the dealer didn't have it in stock, they order from Ohio and it's there before noon next day.

How little is your youngest?
I have Alpinestar boots (size 11 or 12) that look like they have never been outta the box, a pants and jerseys, Fox gloves, and maybe a chest protector...all of which my boy has outgrown.

Here is a link on another forum. It seems it does require a lot of maintenance.

That deal is done but i did BUY this one. Not too worried about the maintenance issues, was assured its not much more then any other 2 stroke.

Well you'll get good at changing those, I had a coworker that had one and he had to replace the clutch quite often.

Well you'll get good at changing those, I had a coworker that had one and he had to replace the clutch quite often.

maybe so because this guy has never had to change it once and its a 2001.

He also added a "cap of oil to a tank of gas".

Yes and from what I understand now with that is that it has its own resoivoir for the the oil and then on top of that he would put an extra cap in with the gas as like he said, he has done that forever and has never had any issues( he was an older gentlemen) so i guess it was an old "trick". The bike was meticulously maintained and ran like a champ when I went to see it, so was not concerned at all. For $800 and all the stuff I got, I could not complain.

Back
Top Bottom