S.O.A.R. 2014 Race Schedule is UP... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

S.O.A.R. 2014 Race Schedule is UP...

What about practice weekend, is there a Friday to that? I am guessing no

I don't think so. Last two years that I've gone to were just Sat/Sun. Not sure if I'll be there for the practice weekend this year.

I'm targeting 2015. I can't afford it yet. When I do it I want to really go for it and try to win the rookie cup.
That is what we all track/street riders think, then we get slapped in the face by some really hooked up bikes with some fast mofos in Rookie

dave why arent you racing this year ? just do it you wont regret it
He needs an 80's training montage to start racing this year
[video=youtube;1SUzcDUERLo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SUzcDUERLo#t=23[/video]

Last edited:
That is what we all track/street riders think, then we get slapped in the face by some really hooked up bikes with some fast mofos in Rookie

That's another reason why I'm not ready. 2013 I had some good track days with racers out there, and found lots of things to work on.

He needs an 80's training montage to start racing this year
bwahaha... AWESOME! But I prefer the WAR montage.

[video=youtube;uFp4fHMrFCc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFp4fHMrFCc[/video]

I'm targeting 2015. I can't afford it yet. When I do it I want to really go for it and try to win the rookie cup.
its cheaper then trackdays when you think about it. friday/sat/sun track time and racing one class will not be pricy
pm Ken and as him what he thinks. you will always be where you are on trackdays, just get into soar and you will be faster in one weekend vs a whole year of track

its cheaper then trackdays when you think about it. friday/sat/sun track time and racing one class will not be pricy
pm Ken and as him what he thinks. you will always be where you are on trackdays, just get into soar and you will be faster in one weekend vs a whole year of track

I know about entry fees. I'm thinking more about tire costs. You can point out as many things as you want, and please do, but I won't be racing in 2014. :)

I know about entry fees. I'm thinking more about tire costs. You can point out as many things as you want, and please do, but I won't be racing in 2014. :)

You'd be surprised at how much rubber you don't burn up. Your not doing 8 20min sessions for 3 days. I can get through a weekend on a set of tires on the 600, the 1000 not so much. Friday practice, Saturday practice on one set, qualify Saturday on a new set, practice Sunday morning on the old set and race on Sunday with the qualifying set from Saturday then use them for practice at the next round. This is doing RACE where you get more practice on Saturday because they don't hold an endurance race in the afternoon and on a 1000.

Nice! That's good to know. I'm going back to Dunlop this year and will get my bike working well on those (it is currently set up for Dunlops but for a lighter rider). I'll gauge the wear and hopefully be able to do what you suggested.

I haven't noticed that my 600 eats up a lot less tire than the 1000. I'm on the gas earlier, maybe. Dunno.

Nice! That's good to know. I'm going back to Dunlop this year and will get my bike working well on those (it is currently set up for Dunlops but for a lighter rider). I'll gauge the wear and hopefully be able to do what you suggested.

Use a KR106 front. One tire should last you all year.

on a similar note, the 448 was excellent and lasts quite a while... The 449 didn't last at all, maybe on a 600 or with a different riding style it will last longer.

A 302 is the medium, use that. I was using the KR449 American rear in 7455 (or whatever the Medium+ compound is)

Okay, thanks. I was actually thinking of trying the 211GP in a 6838 front and 7712 rear (that's the medium multi-tread, and the 7712 is also used for the medium rear slick) so that when I'm done with them on the track I can use them on my street bike for a few thousand km. Any idea how the 6838 compound compares to the 302? The 211GPA rear comes in a 7455 also. I'll be talking with Sandy and Johnny at the show before purchasing. Already emailed Johnny a bit and he said there are always new compounds coming out and either way they'll have the compounds that work best for our tracks.

Back
Top Bottom