S.O.A.R. 2014 Race Schedule is UP... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

S.O.A.R. 2014 Race Schedule is UP...

In regards to the Friday, I don't think all Racers do all sessions all the time. people are working on setup and practicing the track and in my own experience I go out for a few minutes and then come in, I always find that there is more than enough practice time for everyone.

I am sure there will be a time when we will lose a bit of track time but if that allows for grand Bend, SOAR etc to make some money, then I am good with that. We don't want this people going broke then no more fun for anyone.

Last edited:
Cool, sounds good to me. Like I said, I'll still be there. Grand Bend is my "home track" :)

let us know Ken, 4 groups would be a deal killer for me. I'd hazard to guess others would feel the same.

Ahh, okay. So for people who are accustomed to Racer5 Thursdays, the Friday will yield less track time. :(

As a regular Thursday participant I can see it only really affecting the beginner group since the school can really slow things down for them.

As a regular Thursday participant I can see it only really affecting the beginner group since the school can really slow things down for them.
yea but they will feel like heroes passing people left an center :)

I was just thinking of the number of groups, that's all. It's good that on the Friday Racer5 runs separated from the Green group, but then of course there are 4 groups. Whatever, it's all good.

I was just thinking of the number of groups, that's all. It's good that on the Friday Racer5 runs separated from the Green group, but then of course there are 4 groups. Whatever, it's all good.

Yep, that's a few less sessions for your buck

Yep, that's a few less sessions for your buck

Unless it costs fewer bucks. ;) Like I said earlier though, the track time for the Red group should be more fun if we're mixed with racers. I love the Thursdays when racers are out there. So less time, but better quality track time.

for all of the effort and time around getting to the track, time off work, etc. I'd much prefer more track time over less at a lower cost

Unless it costs fewer bucks. ;) Like I said earlier though, the track time for the Red group should be more fun if we're mixed with racers. I love the Thursdays when racers are out there. So less time, but better quality track time.

You mean us racers will have to be mixed in with track days guys, blech ;)

If there is a 3-group rotation in the morning (because Racer5 is in classroom) and a 4-group rotation in the afternoon, assuming 20 minute sessions, you get 3 sessions in the morning (9-12 AM) and 3 in the afternoon (1-5 PM) as opposed to 4 sessions in the afternoon. You lose one session ... I usually run out of steam before the end of the day anyhow. Spacing the sessions out a bit further in the afternoon (because of the extra group) is not the end of the world.

I only did one practice day last year - and that ended with a bust gearbox partway through the second session ...

Not me. It'll suck losing some time but I'll still go to the SOAR track days. It'll actually be more fun for me since I'll be out with more racers. Getting myself ready for the future :)

Dave you wanna trade the ZX for the SV so you can compete in the BOTT lightweight class :)

Uhh, no thanks ;) I'll compete in Rookie Cup, Novice 600 and Novice Superbike. haha...

Come do RACE and I'll join you. Sorry Ken, I just can't drive 7 hours each way, this isn't about the series, which I've grown to appreciate.

Come do RACE and I'll join you. Sorry Ken, I just can't drive 7 hours each way, this isn't about the series, which I've grown to appreciate.

I'll come race superbike on my 99 R6

Hey Jay,
Chris contacted me a month ago regarding the schedule. I gave them ours and suggested that maybe we can do something together (as done every year since 2008) this time he responded that they had been discussing ways to work together. I suggested a face to face to get this going hopefully before the season to allow time to announce/promote anything we agree to allowing time for planning. Chris suggested we meet up in Cobourg. I told him whenever he wants and I am not opposed to driving to Bellevegas. As of today thats as far as its gone.
Only reason I am posting this is to stave off the yearly assaults that we never talk........try to work together........etc and hopefully kickstart this before its too late for 2014.

I'll be the middle man :) There has to be a cheap wing place in Cobourg.

The chance to enjoy munching down on some Fabi fries after doing a sprint race would be the highlight of my racing career!!

7? Naa, it's only 5ish, assuming you don't get stuck in TO for 2 hours. Maybe once I have some experience I'll do RACE, but that's a 3.5h drive for me also.

Back
Top Bottom