S.O.A.R. 2014 Race Schedule is UP... | GTAMotorcycle.com

S.O.A.R. 2014 Race Schedule is UP...

HawkEye#311

Site Supporter
http://www.soaracing.ca/html/schedule.html

Huge thanks to Ken for getting the schedule out there so early as he always does! It definitely makes things so much easier for people to plan everything for next year as soon as possible. 2014 looks like another awesome SOAR schedule as usual, can't wait.

Also, I'm already looking forward to Round 4 which will have us on an All New Layout at Grand Bend...Reverse Technical!! I'm hoping it will be one one the layouts used during the May Practice weekend. So very pumped for SOAR 2014!!

Book your holidays now people...

Last edited:
Awesome! It's not even December yet and I'm already looking ahead to May. haha...

I'm assuming the answer is yes, but can we could on Racer5 being there every Thursday before the race weekends?

Never mind, I just read the news on the SOAR site.

"In 2014 SOAR and GBM will combine the current GBM Thursday trackday and the SOAR Friday Practice into a single day being held on Friday for our events. Due to this change the previous early license specials that allow a free Friday practice will be replaced with a free first class entry."

Fingers crossed that RACE and SOAR can work together in the future.

Never mind, I just read the news on the SOAR site.

"In 2014 SOAR and GBM will combine the current GBM Thursday trackday and the SOAR Friday Practice into a single day being held on Friday for our events. Due to this change the previous early license specials that allow a free Friday practice will be replaced with a free first class entry."

So racer 5 is gone?

will you need a race license to partake in the Friday festivities?

Last edited:
So racer 5 is gone?

I doubt it. They'll likely run the Racer5/Green group still. My guess is that Thursday and Friday have historically not been busy enough for two full days.

will you need a race license to partake?

No. In the news Ken says that the free day given to early purchasers of race licenses will change to a free entry fee.

http://www.soaracing.ca/html/news.html

What I'd really like to know is, how many groups will run on Friday? Green/Yellow/Red + Racers? Hopefully not 4 groups.

Hey Jay,
Chris contacted me a month ago regarding the schedule. I gave them ours and suggested that maybe we can do something together (as done every year since 2008) this time he responded that they had been discussing ways to work together. I suggested a face to face to get this going hopefully before the season to allow time to announce/promote anything we agree to allowing time for planning. Chris suggested we meet up in Cobourg. I told him whenever he wants and I am not opposed to driving to Bellevegas. As of today thats as far as its gone.
Only reason I am posting this is to stave off the yearly assaults that we never talk........try to work together........etc and hopefully kickstart this before its too late for 2014.

So racer 5 is gone?

No just the Thursday trackday portion.

will you need a race license to partake?

No their will be a trackday portion to Friday

I doubt it. They'll likely run the Racer5/Green group still. My guess is that Thursday and Friday have historically not been busy enough for two full days.

No. In the news Ken says that the free day given to early purchasers of race licenses will change to a free entry fee.

http://www.soaracing.ca/html/news.html

What I'd really like to know is, how many groups will run on Friday? Green/Yellow/Red + Racers? Hopefully not 4 groups.

That about sums it up.
SOAR along with Grand Bend and Racer5 will work out how this will run. In previous years the Thursday was a GBM trackday that was run by Racer5. Then SOAR would do our Friday practice/school on Friday now SOAR and GBM will do a combined Friday. Racer5 will do the license school as usual. How this will all shake out regarding groups have yet to be determined. We will look at our traditional numbers and figure out the best way to proceed. It will all be announced long in advance of the first day
TBA BTW there was always four (R5 School, Green,Yellow,Red)

let us know Ken, 4 groups would be a deal killer for me. I'd hazard to guess others would feel the same.

let us know Ken, 4 groups would be a deal killer for me. I'd hazard to guess others would feel the same.

+500,000
As much as I would hate to do it, TMP would get my business if 4 groups were to happen.

+500,000
As much as I would hate to do it, TMP would get my business if 4 groups were to happen.

Not me. It'll suck losing some time but I'll still go to the SOAR track days. It'll actually be more fun for me since I'll be out with more racers. Getting myself ready for the future :)

So racer 5 is gone?

No not at all! :)

We are gearing up to make 2014 the biggest season we have ever had!
We haven't forgotten out fantastic trackday and school customers! we will still be running select VIP Racer5 trackdays for them, as well as a very extensive school, trackday bike rental, and race program!

We will roll out or 2014 schedule with special pre-season pricing right after we have finished putting the final touches on it.
Can't wait to see you all at the January show! You can visit us at the Racer5 Speedworx booth.

Thanks,
Fawaz

Guys dont get your panties in a twist. Nothing on running it has been determined regarding groups, costs, etc.
There are many ways to do this. First off R5 is in class all morning on Fridays so at most we ate looking at afternoon sessions. We will look at traditional numbers regarding participation in past years and in what groups.
What I can tell you is if you take the SOAR racers practicing out of the Thursday numbers we are not talking about many "trackday" riders participating certainly not enough to sustain the Thursdays on their own. Then splitting SOAR racers into two days while carrying two days worth of track rental , ambulance, staff, marshals, insurance makes neither sustainable.
Sorry to be blunt but thats the truth of it. Nothing has been determined on how it will be run but what has happened is #1 an economically feasible solution for SOAR as well as GBM while running a feasible day as opposed to two at a loss #2 trackday goers now have a more desirable Friday date as opposed to Thursday #3 SOAR racers now only need a three day weekend opposed to four.

Hey Jay,
Chris contacted me a month ago regarding the schedule. I gave them ours and suggested that maybe we can do something together (as done every year since 2008) this time he responded that they had been discussing ways to work together. I suggested a face to face to get this going hopefully before the season to allow time to announce/promote anything we agree to allowing time for planning. Chris suggested we meet up in Cobourg. I told him whenever he wants and I am not opposed to driving to Bellevegas. As of today thats as far as its gone.
Only reason I am posting this is to stave off the yearly assaults that we never talk........try to work together........etc and hopefully kickstart this before its too late for 2014.

This is good to hear!

Guys dont get your panties in a twist. Nothing on running it has been determined regarding groups, costs, etc.
There are many ways to do this. First off R5 is in class all morning on Fridays so at most we ate looking at afternoon sessions. We will look at traditional numbers regarding participation in past years and in what groups.
What I can tell you is if you take the SOAR racers practicing out of the Thursday numbers we are not talking about many "trackday" riders participating certainly not enough to sustain the Thursdays on their own. Then splitting SOAR racers into two days while carrying two days worth of track rental , ambulance, staff, marshals, insurance makes neither sustainable.
Sorry to be blunt but thats the truth of it. Nothing has been determined on how it will be run but what has happened is #1 an economically feasible solution for SOAR as well as GBM while running a feasible day as opposed to two at a loss #2 trackday goers now have a more desirable Friday date as opposed to Thursday #3 SOAR racers now only need a three day weekend opposed to four.

How busy have the Friday practices typically been? I know the Thursdays are usually quite light. Red group is frequently fewer than 10 riders in the morning and usually not more than 15 in the afternoon, including the racers. I totally get it, and it makes sense to combine the two.

Getting our panties in a bunch is what GTAM is for isn't it? haha...

Back
Top Bottom