kids dirtbikes? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

kids dirtbikes?

I'd stick to stock gearing, any changes in the sprocket sizes changes the way the centrifugal clutch works and then you end up playing with springs and weights. I'm sure another mini-dad will offer advice at the track as to how they are set up.

I usually just run regular renthal sprockets and DID chains... But, there might be some hot ticket for the little bikes.

I just know it needs a chain for sure...what would be on that 50 a 515?

@ajaxguy...just curious where you take your son to ride/practice around Ajax?

Well right now, he is just riding around the street, we live on a cul de sac so he can do his turns there, not much practice in terms of dirt, but it has helped him alot. The bike is only a 50 but it is plated and insured, so not really worried about what neighbours say.

means it has a green plate and i do have it insured

Well, that's for off-road only. You do know that right?

Lol, but we know how much you care what your neighbours say. I'm pretty sure the off leash dog thread was yours right? :)

Lol, but we know how much you care what your neighbours say. I'm pretty sure the off leash dog thread was yours right? :)

Yeah but at least he knows his neighbours are cool. I mean, it's not like they're gonna call bylaw.
Besides, if the dog is running around off leash it gives Junior someone to practice racing against... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol yes I am aware of that...but like you guys have pointed out, my neighbours love the city, so maybe if the see a plate they wont complain, although with this situation it may be more of not so much a by law as a HTA deal.... I'm screwed! lol.

Well i'm in the game now.Can't wait to see my grandaughter Sawyer playing with this.She's only 20 months old.My wife isn't too thrilled.Haven't talked to her Mom and Dad yet.
P7280301_zps423cb9a4.jpg

Well i'm in the game now.Can't wait to see my grandaughter Sawyer playing with this.She's only 20 months old.My wife isn't too thrilled.Haven't talked to her Mom and Dad yet.
P7280301_zps423cb9a4.jpg

As soon as my son can walk I'll be grabbing one of those.

I have searched a few posts and have read what people think is best in terms of dirtbikes for there little ones. I have 3 boys aged 12,11 and 7. All of them able to ride a bicycle and have great command. Now they all want dirtbikes for xmas! They have ridden one dirtbike in there life and we have owned a cheap electric one years ago that the older ones rode.

I dont have a huge budget and with having to buy 3 its tough. I dont know how much I would get them on the trails so I was thinking electric again as this way they can boot around the neighbourhood with each other and maybe some grassy areas we have behind the house. I know OSET has some amazing ones but then im looking at $1200 min a pop!

Do you think if I got them the razor dirtbikes that would be a good idea or are those a waste of money? I was thinking the mx500http://www.razor.com/products/electric-ride-ons/mx500/ for the lil guy and the mx650http://www.razor.com/products/electric-ride-ons/mx650/ for the two older boys?

Any suggestions otherwise?

Those are garbage, give your kids some respect and buy them a used Yamaha or Honda 100cc or 125cc gasoline dirtbike. Why buy 3 bikes? Just buy them one and make them share it. If you want to buy 3 of them you should go with chinese dirtbikes from Daymak or Canadian Tire. They sell around $650 a pop and will last them at least 2 years which by that time they would have outgrown them.

Back
Top Bottom